Microsoft Calls Out Hackers

Looks to be a 9/11 scenario on SP2 only this time M$ is sending invitations. Who knows what can happen if all the bad guys get together on this one.

Not all hackers are bad or criminals some don't hack into computers to get credit card numbers or black mail people some hackers try to help companies out by finding weak spots in some software etc...

Looks to be a 9/11 scenario on SP2 only this time M$ is sending invitations.  Who knows what can happen if all the bad guys get together on this one.

Not all hackers are bad or criminals some don't hack into computers to get credit card numbers or black mail people some hackers try to help companies out by finding weak spots in some software etc...

I understand that but when M$ boldly issues an open challenge you know there are those that will try...and try harder. This is akin to erecting a big white guarded wall on main street then invite the graffiti guys to try and tag it. You know some will try. It would have been better if the challenge was not made.

Well.. in my opinion.. M$ should prolly get sp2 to work properly first. Some thing else I dont think anyone is thinking about is that M$ all-ready employee's the l337. I mean think about it.. (which by the way yes..this "call" has been made b4) if you had the most widely used OS on the market.. wouldnt you want it to be safe. We prolly dont even get to hear what kinda bad stuff actually goes on, when a hacker gets nailed M$ prolly bails them out on the condition they go to work for them and show them how did it.

(yeah.. a little far fetched.. but.. nuttin would surprise me anymore)

Group A - M$ employees

Group B - "Hackers"

Both groups very intelligent. A is lead by a mission statement to make money. B is lead by an unwritten statement to find the flaws overlooked by quality control of A. B finds flaws notifies A, A fixes it. Good. B finds flaws exploites it gets caught goes to jail, gets out, gets job offer to find flaws and keep quite. Good. We as consumers need both groups, A for the production of products, B for the quality control of said products.

Not all hacking activities are of the destructive manner. Think about it. Most of us screwed up at least one machine in our quest to "fix it", or "tweak it".

Granted some people are bad and they do want to do damage. We live in the balance.

My opinion.

M

Found this and thought everyone would love it. Lets see how long this will take. LOL

M$ says to take me down

:ph34r:

Yes, that's funny. I have to believe that it will only be a matter of time before he regrets saying that. ... No SP2 Autoupdate for 8 months .. and .. Windows XP SP2 Performance Review