cool feature hp dv-4 battery

I got a laptop in the shop today that would not fireup(no lights or noise). two things come to mind. The computer is not getting power to the board: this could be caused by a bad ac adapter, bad dc jack. Assuming the computer is getting power, then that would probably point to something on the mobo being bad. Here is the cool part, the battery has a dc jack on it. This will allow me to charge the battery directly. Assuming the battery is good, I should be able to charge it for a while then see if the computer will fire up.

edit:

still does not fireup. I am fairly confident it is a bad board.

I got a laptop in the shop today that would not fireup(no lights or noise). two things come to mind. The computer is not getting power to the board: this could be caused by a bad ac adapter, bad dc jack. Assuming the computer is getting power, then that would probably point to something on the mobo being bad. Here is the cool part, the battery has a dc jack on it. This will allow me to charge the battery directly. Assuming the battery is good, I should be able to charge it for a while then see if the computer will fire up.

edit:

still does not fireup. I am fairly confident it is a bad board.

Good luck with this shanenin! I'll be curious to hear what is wrong with the unit.