Well, Son and I installed SP2 today and so far it worked!! No glitches, no errors, no blue screens, very ordinary installation. After dealing with our evil, possessed Gateway, I find that absolutely amazing and am still a bit skeptical (due to that evil possessed Gateway), I guess I'll find out in a day or two if SP2 really worked ;)

Just wanted to thank all of you for your support, help, guidance and wonderful answers to my dumb, paranoid questions. The information I received in preparation of installing this monster is the key to its successful installation. I'm sure glad I got such a good education beforehand!

Now my questions will probably be "what's this new fangled thing?", as I discover the "powers of SP2" :blink: Just to give you a "heads up".

Thanks again,

Liz

Wahoooo!!!! She did it!!! She did it!!!! Yaaaay for Liz!!!!

Sorry Liz, didn't mean to overdo it there, but am so happy it worked out for you!!! That is so great to get it done and have it come out successfully.

Your questions ahead of time helped the rest of us to learn some important things.

So that was all to the good, yours and others.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Way to go Liz.... ;)

It's a great feeling isn't it to find out that it wasn't so bad was it....

I too was leary when it came out. I waited a few months, then just said enough already.

Read up on as much as I could for preparing my system for SP2 install and when I thought I was ready I just went for it.

Glad all went well for you.... :D

Take care now........ B)

Wahoooo!!!! She did it!!! She did it!!!! Yaaaay for Liz!!!!

Sorry Liz, didn't mean to overdo it there, but am so happy it worked out for you!!! That is so great to get it done and have it come out successfully.

Your questions ahead of time helped the rest of us to learn some important things.

So that was all to the good, yours and others.

God bless everyone.

YEAH!!! windows was finally updated. Congratulations to all who accomplished such a dificult taks! ;):D

Ouch Mac...sounds like a slam dunk...SP2 is a dangerous thing...for the reluctant Window users...and those of us who really didn't want to do it...hehe

Good Job Liz, and in a few days if it runs a stray on you, we'll all be waiting...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, Son and I installed SP2 today and so far it worked!! No glitches, no errors, no blue screens, very ordinary installation. After dealing with our evil, possessed Gateway, I find that absolutely amazing and am still a bit skeptical (due to that evil possessed Gateway), I guess I'll find out in a day or two if SP2 really worked ;)

Just wanted to thank all of you for your support, help, guidance and wonderful answers to my dumb, paranoid questions. The information I received in preparation of installing this monster is the key to its successful installation. I'm sure glad I got such a good education beforehand!

Now my questions will probably be "what's this new fangled thing?", as I discover the "powers of SP2" :blink: Just to give you a "heads up".

Thanks again,

Liz

Congratulations!

I've been lucky with SP2 so far too. I've updated my XP box at home and at work. So far everything works just fine :D

Alright, just don't crash the machine, or it might blow up!!!

....Oh dear..... :blink:

At least with XP, you get these polite "I'm so sorry we encountered a little problem" boxes instead of the scary "Illegal Operation" boxes and Blue Screams of Death!!

Liz

Alright, just don't crash the machine, or it might blow up!!!

....Oh dear..... :blink:

At least with XP, you get these polite "I'm so sorry we encountered a little problem" boxes instead of the scary "Illegal Operation" boxes and Blue Screams of Death!!

Liz

Very true.

And the best part is winXP does not burst in to flames on impact..... :unsure:

Huh ! I remember when i did both machines, the Dell went off with no problems, got brave and went for the Compaq. What a nightmare that was. No matter what i did I couldn't get SP. 2 to run. Messed up my box so badly, I had to reformat, then i thought to myself....do i really want to go threw this again lol. I had to walk away from my comp, but all worked out after that.

Glad it all came togather for ya. ;)

Glad everything went good for you.

Now you can start worring about SP3. Due out towards the end of the year, or next spring.

Glad everything went good for you.

Now you can start worring about SP3. Due out towards the end of the year, or next spring.

Ack, choke, wails, NOOOOOOOoooooooo!

Damn!!! another successful SP2 install <_<

I was hoping that it would b0rk everyones system and we'd all be using Linux by 2006. :lol:

even though I'm a linux noob, I got to agree. I have win2k and have decided not to get xp. Have to use it at work but still don't like it that much. I am getting to like linux more all the time.

Not to get everyone to worked up over SP3.

It sounds like a small upgrade so far. The biggest thing will an upgrade to IE7.

They are saving all the goodies for Longhorn. Which is supposed to be released in the fall of 06.

And from what I have gathered about the delay of longhorn, is the fact that it is now being made to run on 64bit systems. Sound like some major upgrading to be able to run it right.

Now let's see that X-mas wish list. MMmmmmm, new mobo, new prossessor, new memory, new graphic card.

Honey.....Where's the checkbook at?