G15 Worn Paint

So I have an old G15 Version 1 keyboard, I love the keyboard, the hardware is still in mint condition. However, the silver paint is not... I have some kind of an idea on how to re-paint it, but I was wondering what others may recommend?

Silver Paint that will not wear from overuse of constant hand friction. As well as a semi gloss finish over the paint.

Also, any recommendations on how to remove the current silver paint? Without a great deal of scrubbing that is... I'd also like to know if there is any type of coating for the handrest, as I can see marks left in it by my hands XD

First I wipe down the surface with isopropyl alcohol to clean any grease from one's hands then I use 3M scuff pads to rough up the surface to remove loose old paint and let the new paint adhere. For painting plastic keyboards, monitors and etc. I use Krylon Fusion spray paint. Spray on the preferred color and let it cure. You can get the Krylon in what is called a Clear Coat to give a protective glossy finish once the color coat has cured.

First I wipe down the surface with isopropyl alcohol to clean any grease from one's hands then I use 3M scuff pads to rough up the surface to remove loose old paint and let the new paint adhere. For painting plastic keyboards, monitors and etc. I use Krylon Fusion spray paint. Spray on the preferred color and let it cure. You can get the Krylon in what is called a Clear Coat to give a protective glossy finish once the color coat has cured.

Heya, I also wanted to know about the toxicity, if you know this. Is there any possible health risk factors in the paint you suggest? I could probably look it up, but just in case you may know.

Hmm... also regarding the hand rest ( which is just a slab of black plastic... ) do you know if it's coating that has rubbed off, or if it is smoothed out plastic from friction of my wrists? Just curious, I fix computers, but this is sort of out of my element lol.

Heya, I also wanted to know about the toxicity, if you know this. Is there any possible health risk factors in the paint you suggest? I could probably look it up, but just in case you may know.

Hmm... also regarding the hand rest ( which is just a slab of black plastic... ) do you know if it's coating that has rubbed off, or if it is smoothed out plastic from friction of my wrists? Just curious, I fix computers, but this is sort of out of my element lol.

I would open a window when spraying any paint. I have never seen one of these keyboards so as for a coating I don't know. I would just scuff it and paint it black.

I would open a window when spraying any paint. I have never seen one of these keyboards so as for a coating I don't know. I would just scuff it and paint it black.

I was referring to like toxic as in when it comes in contact with skin ;o?

and its the Logitech G15, a pretty popular keyboard, and still is I guess.

g15.jpg

I was referring to like toxic as in when it comes in contact with skin ;o?

and its the Logitech G15, a pretty popular keyboard, and still is I guess.

g15.jpg

No worries about toxicity to your skin once it has dried. If you are concerned wear rubber gloves and one of those paper face masks while painting.

Ah, a keyboard; I was thinking Mac G15. How old is that???

A few years or more now, since then there has been a "remake" the G15 version 2 and now there is the Logitech G19 which I will buy whenever I raise the money to buy a new computer built around Windows 7 and power saving :3

The keyboard is still as good as it always has been though. Still many uses :3