Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
arachnid40

Heavy.com

I am always getting this "We're sorry but this video is unavailable in your region. " on Heavy.com not sure why.

Always? Nothing ever plays?

The owners of copyrights decide who and where and when to distrubute their property (and how much to charge for it, if anything). Lately a lot more content has had regional restrictions, though I don't know why such restrictions appear to be increasing.

Another possibility (given no details) are govenment restrictions; Some material is restricted in some countrys (like Nazi material in Germany) or political content that does not toe the government line (like political discussion in China).

Well you are in Washington USA and

http://samspade.org/whois/heavy.com

Heavy appears to be located in NY USA

So I doubt it is a country code issue.

Looks to work well for me here in Texas.

Are you using a proxy server to do torrents or P2P or do you have that stupid thing that fools using P2P and Torrents to steal music think hides them from the RIAA?

[quote So I doubt it is a country code issue.

Looks to work well for me here in Texas.

Are you using a proxy server to do torrents or P2P or do you have that stupid thing that fools using P2P and Torrents to steal music think hides them from the RIAA?

Well you appear closer to Oregon than Canada so I doubt you have a Canadian ISP.

So back to the question of Proxys or PeerGuardian ?

Or maybe a firewall blocking their access?

Or corrupted cookies (unlikely this happening on both browsers).

I get it too. It's possible that whatever method the site uses for geolocation doesn't work in our cases. I've had some geolocation services place me on the wrong continent.

same thing happens with me too. I have Comcast of Nashville so there's definitely something wrong with Heavy.com's stuff.

I do know there are GreaseMoneky scripts out there that can get around stuff like this.

Just for the heck of it, I tested it on my laptop at my parents' house. They are on a local ISP run by the Power/Water company. Got the same result. Again, they really need to fix their crap.