Need Help With Folder Options

i'm in COYOTE class learning HJT logs. what i need is a way to make a folder with links that i can just pull out & post the links into the reply section for & they will work. hope this makes sence. SULTAN EMERR sent me this way & i tried it lots & it didn't work. i might be doing something wrong. but any help is needed.

thanks..........SULTANS way he does it..........Make a new folder., "G4", then hit "Quote" on those messages, then out of the quoted message copy the full link info, then paste that link info into "WordPad", then X out wordpad, and when it asks you if you want to save it, click on "yes', then give that wordpad whatever title you want to,(spyware, virus, etc.) then save it into the G4 folder. You an have many wordpads in the G4 folder, (spyware, virus, etc.) and then you can continue adding links and info into the appropiate wordpad.

When I log in, I open the G4 folder and then minimize it to the bottom tray. When I want some stuff from it, I click on the folder in the bottom tray, and when it pops up I scroll down to the appropiate wordpad, double click it open, and copy out the stuff.

I think what sultan is talking about, is taking the links, from a post, that someone has made.

When you hit the "Quote" button it displays all of the code used in the post.

Then you would just copy the entire code for the link, and save it in a wordpad document.

Just create several documents (spyware, virus, etc.), and copy the links to the appropriate document.

As sultan said, keep all of these documents in one folder (G4, HJT, etc. ....)

Or, you can enter the code in manually, in the appropriate document.

Then when you need a link, open the document that contains the link, then copy and paste it into your post.

That's basically the same thing I do.

Except, I use notepad, and instead of entering the code manually, I use Fass.

It's a forum post editor. It also has a "Post Preview" feature, which shows your post as it will appear on forums. Designed for use with Invision Power Board, but compatible with most forum software.

If you have any questions about Fass let me know.

Been using it for about a year.

I also have a list of different skins, and directions how to apply them, if your interested.

Personally, I like the black skin.

What I like most about Fass, is when you add tags, it gives you the opening and closing tags, with one click.

Just create several documents (spyware, virus, etc.), and copy the links to the appropriate document.

As sultan said, keep all of these documents in one folder (G4, HJT, etc. ....)

Or, you can enter the code in manually, in the appropriate document.

Then when you need a link, open the document that contains the link, then copy and paste it into your post.

That is the way I learned how to do it.

Just to add,

Almost 4 years ago I wondered about the same thing at the old TechTV boards.

Some people were putting links up so fast and I was wondering how were they

doing that.

I think it was Pete_C who recommended this, create a new folder where ever

you want to(I did in My Documents called Tech Q & A, then later created a shortcut to

my Quick Launch, one click away)and copy and paste things that pertain to your OS into WordPad or Notepad, because you can't remember everything.

I use Notepad myself, example-programs to remove spyware,

File/ save as/ Spyware Tools.txt, then I save to Tech Q & A folder.

Now I can copy and paste to some one's question fairly quick, instead of going

to the web site every time.

Screenshot of

Tech Q & A folder

As you can see I've got well over 200 documents and adding more all the time.

Screenshot of

Spyware Tools doc.

This is for the G4 board. Just make another .txt document for this board or include

the same info with different tags for this board. I usually keep it all in one document.

I hope this helps.