Just How Big Are We

here a thinker. BestTechie is now up to 418 members, a lot of which are newbies that haven't posted yet. what would you classify us as and why? a town, a village, small city, or what? or maybe were more of a just and internet club, or a community?

yeah i know another weird question from me. but it's fun.

hmmm 418 members, i wander how many lurkers we get?

here a thinker. BestTechie is now up to 418 members, a lot of which are newbies that haven't posted yet. what would you classify us as and why? a town, a village, small city, or what? or maybe were more of a just and internet club, or a community?

Unincorporated Community ;)

Unincorporated Community ;)

thats pretty good,

how about a township...close yet unrelated community

After thinking up Borough, Block Party and Funny Farm, I came across Robroy's suggestion---Neighborhood--I like that!

And you can bet this place gets a lot of lurkers--I was one since its inception. On a sidenote, in regards to the folks who join but don't post right away, perhaps a PM welcome note??, something that could be simply cut and pasted? Liz

Village has a friendly sound too :D i'll say a village...And we are the village people...Yeah... But we needed an anthem...Cuz we are not THOSE "Village People"...(It's fun to stay at the YMCA)...And we need a flag because ...Well you just always need a flag...And we need a Best Techie signal for the Mayor to flash in the sky when there is danger ...We'll need our Super Hero and his trusted companions to ward off the evils that lurk, intent on doing harm to our village...Hmm...Wait ...i just remembered that spooky movie "The Village"... Ummm...Nevermind... :rolleyes:

This was just fun ...Thanks for the topic mac...

Yes settlement sounds like our beginings here, neighborhood sounds like our feelings of closeness, and family does too.

Village is nice, but similar to other places.

And we don't want to be an impersonal big city, and though we have traits of a small town, I really think we are more of a community.

Community would indicate our continued closeness, yet not limit us expanding in size.

God bless everyone.

SideKick has a point. We don't want to limit the growth of our place. We are a ever expanding neighborhood community...with swings and slides, rides and kites, we just need a delievery sandwich shop for all those happy hungry moments...