FireFox or IE... wireless or hardwired... Drivers updated. Sony Vaio, dual core, 2 gigs RAM. F-Secure Security Suite.

Both browsers take near forever to load and sites, like forums, opening boards and threads is very slow.

While waiting for the DVD... We did an "upgrade" install over Vista.

Having done all we can do, we plan on a full install as soon as the disk gets here.

I've been dual booting the BETA for a long time on my XP machine with no problems concerning speed. This machine is comparable to the Sony in hardware.

Any ideas out there on what's going on?

FireFox or IE... wireless or hardwired... Drivers updated. Sony Vaio, dual core, 2 gigs RAM. F-Secure Security Suite.

Both browsers take near forever to load and sites, like forums, opening boards and threads is very slow.

While waiting for the DVD... We did an "upgrade" install over Vista.

Having done all we can do, we plan on a full install as soon as the disk gets here.

I've been dual booting the BETA for a long time on my XP machine with no problems concerning speed. This machine is comparable to the Sony in hardware.

Any ideas out there on what's going on?

F Secure installs Browser Protection for IE and Firefox. Disable browser protection I use F Secure also. In firefox goto the add ons and disable it. In IE you can disable it under your bookmark menu bar.

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, it's bee a crazy, busy (fun) holiday weekend. :lol:

It is indeed F-Secure creating the logjam. Everything works as expected when it's disabled.

Now, I can't seem to find the Add-on in FF to disable. Nor can we find anything in IE. (with F-secure enabled)

Perhaps you can post the path to it for us?