Chrome OS Disappointment

Google held the Chrome OS event this past Thursday and I’ll admit I was excited. Excited to see what Google would bring to the table and how game changing it would be. However, while my excitement is there (mainly due to the inner geek still wanting to try it), I’m a little disappointed with what was announced at the event.

What about you?

http://www.besttechie.net/2009/11/21/chrome-os-im-disappointed/

• 2 weeks later...

Google held the Chrome OS event this past Thursday and I’ll admit I was excited. Excited to see what Google would bring to the table and how game changing it would be. However, while my excitement is there (mainly due to the inner geek still wanting to try it), I’m a little disappointed with what was announced at the event.

What about you?

http://www.besttechie.net/2009/11/21/chrome-os-im-disappointed/

hmm,

I was disappointed in the VMware build, it was slow and buggy, but the Thumb drive build.... well let me tell you under 7 sec boot with a E6500 and did 99% of what I do.. internet.. I built an Arcade box running XP to play games , and I have my work laptop for ding diagrams and code writing,,, but the majority of my computer time is just internet.. almost 100% of my company start-up is done with on-line internet tools (if quicken online did not require IE I would be golden...) We build quotes with a ruby application, we use Google for corporate email and document sharing.. it did all of those fast and easy..

if we could put this on The Touch Book I could take that with Chrome and easily do quotes at customer facilities, gather customer data and read tech manuals..

In other words for what I and most techs need on site, it does almost everything fast..

but its not the one ring to rule them all,

It is not to develop on

it is not to play games on

it is not to be an all around OS like the others..

next I want to build my own and see what I can improve in code for the things I think need added.. but That will require time..