External Hard Drive Question

Hi, I have a Western Digital External Hard Drive and the Gigabytes are diminishing quickly. It is a 300 GB drive and is currently down to 92GB My question is that I figure that it does backups regularly (each day) onto the External drive thus reducing the GB's.

Can anyone tell me how to find out where the backups are listed so I can go into that folder or where ever they land and delete them thus freeing space in the hard drive?

I don't believe I need to keep a copy of the backup each time my computer calls for one. If I am wrong in this assumption, the would someone please correct me and set me on the correct path as to where those GB's disappear to? Thanks for any info you may help me with. Jer1

what program are you using to backup? I like using sync toy. it will keep a mirror image of everything you tell it to back up. I like the "echo" mode. Your backup will never get larger then the files you are backing up.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52&displaylang=en

what program are you using to backup? I like using sync toy. it will keep a mirror image of everything you tell it to back up. I like the "echo" mode. Your backup will never get larger then the files you are backing up.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52&displaylang=en

I really do not know what program. I just add documents and photos to the external hard drive. I just know that I do not add any huge amount of files, documents or photos to the external hard drive to warrant the loss of so many GB's.

Somed days I don't add anything to the backup external hard drive and yet that hard drive will lose 1/2 GB, etc. Perhaps I should download that 'echo' mode program and see if that makes a difference in the amount of GB's I lose?