Bing! My Experience.

I was watching television and one of those Bing! ads came on, you know the ones, where someone says something benign, and other people take that word or phrase and start going off on completely irrelevant tangent; Son, "Dad, can I borrow the car? Dad, "Father's day gifts and a reasonable price!" Mom, "Stockmarket prices have been ... " Sister, "Learn marketable skills at ..." Son, thinking, "What does all this have to do with my question?"

Got me to thinkin', what HAS my experience with Bing! been? I switched over to it completely when it went live as a kinda-sorta experiment, just to try something new. You know what came to my mind? That I never, since the day it came out, have had to go to "Page 2." Try as I might at that time, I couldn't even think of what the page turning tool looks like. "Where is it? What's it look like?" I do not at this minute know how to go to page two, I've never HAD to.

I must ALWAYS get the results I'm looking for on the first page, and now that I think of it, in the first few results. I barely remember looking further down the page. I do remember looking at all the results on page one, but it's so rare I actually remember the times it's happened.

With Google I remember going, sometimes, up to page ten (a number I chose at random to indicate a completely failed search), before I gave up and tried another search. I've reset the search parameters with Bing!, but it's when I don't get the results in the first few returns, and the second search almost always gives me what I needed.

I don't recall how long it's been around, but ... I'm satisfied.

That's WEB search, image search is similar to Google, pages and pages, but I'm probably looking for something other than "one" definitive result for images.

I was watching television and one of those Bing! ads came on, you know the ones, where someone says something benign, and other people take that word or phrase and start going off on completely irrelevant tangent; Son, "Dad, can I borrow the car? Dad, "Father's day gifts and a reasonable price!" Mom, "Stockmarket prices have been ... " Sister, "Learn marketable skills at ..." Son, thinking, "What does all this have to do with my question?"

Got me to thinkin', what HAS my experience with Bing! been? I switched over to it completely when it went live as a kinda-sorta experiment, just to try something new. You know what came to my mind? That I never, since the day it came out, have had to go to "Page 2." Try as I might at that time, I couldn't even think of what the page turning tool looks like. "Where is it? What's it look like?" I do not at this minute know how to go to page two, I've never HAD to.

I must ALWAYS get the results I'm looking for on the first page, and now that I think of it, in the first few results. I barely remember looking further down the page. I do remember looking at all the results on page one, but it's so rare I actually remember the times it's happened.

With Google I remember going, sometimes, up to page ten (a number I chose at random to indicate a completely failed search), before I gave up and tried another search. I've reset the search parameters with Bing!, but it's when I don't get the results in the first few returns, and the second search almost always gives me what I needed.

I don't recall how long it's been around, but ... I'm satisfied.

That's WEB search, image search is similar to Google, pages and pages, but I'm probably looking for something other than "one" definitive result for images.

hi jd

i havent got bling on my sys

do you feel it is a better option than google

google has treated me great in the past

but if you think bling is better ide like to try it

were do i get it

marty

Well Marty, as I said, I switched just for the heck of it when it came out, and I am absolutely convinced it's a better search engine than Google.

Have you ever had to go to more pages in a Google search? I have, plenty of times. Bing? Not yet (yesterday I came close to having to go to page two, but I was looking for "every" instance of a search phrase, not one result in particular).

Though, as I said, when I do image searches I do go beyond the first results (as I always had to do in Google), but Bing shows ALL the result on one page, as you scroll down it just displays more images. There IS no "page 2" in image searches with Bing, and I prefer that FAR more than next page, next page, next page, next page, etc. with Google.

Then there's the whole IE8 thing where you hover over a result and you get a small display of that page without having to actually GO there -- I often get just the right additional information I was looking for, without ever going to the page.