Driver software can't find driver?

I have an Intel/Gateway mobo ... D845GERG3

Bios String RG84510A.15A.0037.P15.0304012013

This is the driver software that is for this motherboard. I was able to confirm this was the right program with the bios string.

I followed the instructions in the read me file .... I'm suppose to put the address to the file in run ... I do as the instructions say, the wizard comes up and it starts doing it thing then I get an error message "driver not found ... reboot the system, and run this setup again." :wacko:

Then I get the wizard complete box and the installshield wizard successfully installed soundmax ... but when I reboot the device manager states the sound controller driver has not been installed. Could I have a corrupt file? :unsure: Why does it say it can't find the driver? I thought it was the driver? :blink:

Looks like it the multimedia audio controller that needs a driver ...which I don't have ... that's probably why the other software said it couldn't find the drive? I tried downloading one, but window xp didn't like it. Where can I get this driver for my board? :huh::blink:

If you know the manufacture of the audio controller than search at there web site and see if they provide a driver.

Good luck

to add to what sceeter32 said

Okay guys ... here is what is going on ... the multimedia audio controller in the device manager claims the driver isn't installed ... the software for the motherboard... see link above ... the soundmax ... when I install it ... it claims there is no driver .... okay ... when I have window xp look for a driver it finds the realtec ac97 and tries to install it ... when it's about done ... the computer reboot on it own ... and the driver isn't installed ... everytime I try to install it that happens. The realtec is suppose to be the driver but it won't work ... I have windows XP pro ... I just don't understand it ... the manufacturer is intel/gateway ... and the hardward ... soundmax ... claims it can't find the driver ... any clues as to what is happening?

Did you check the bios to see if on board sound got disabled some how? If that's not the problem then I suggest going and buy a pci sound card, cause maybe the on board sound on mombo is shot.

Bry

Mark this one as solved ... I went here and downloaded and unziped the driver ... before I started I uninstalled the audio controller ... then rebooted the system .... then went the new hardward wizard came up I when through the prompts until I got to have disk ... then I when into the unziped files ... I didn't know where to look so I just started click down the line until I saw a win2000 and xp file ... I clicked on it and it open and when back to the address box ... so I knew I had the right file. I'm not sure but I think it said the driver wasn't tested and was I sure I wanted to use it ... I did ... and it loaded the files and the wizard completed installation ... so I now have sound.

Thanks to those that posted ... and I hope this will help someone else out ... if you have any questions let me know