XP Pro Won't Complete Intallation

Hello ... I'm am trying to do a fresh install of xp pro ... I searched the board for help but there was nothing similar to my problem. :unsure:

I installed a new mobo and am trying to do a fresh install of xp pro ... I think it's the sp1 ... it will go through the first part, formatting the drive and all ... then when it ask to reboot and it does ... it starts the installation all over again. When it get to the part of where to put the OS ... I assign it to the one drive and it tells me an operation system already exists yet if I take the cd out when it reboots ... nothing ... when I leave the cd in ... it starts the installation all over again. :wacko: Any clues as to what is happening. :blink:

It's not a new drive it a 20G that was used for storing data. It never had a OS installed on it.

Do a fresh install they say ... when you install a new mobo they say ... will reduce problems they say ... :rolleyes:

Ah HELP! :blush:

When I get to step 15 is when things go off course ... for some reason window can find the hd ... the bios see it, but window doesn't and just sits there ... if I have the cd in it will start the installation all over again. :wacko:

PROBLEM SOVLED

Silly me ... :blush: I was looking in the wrong part of the bios for the boot sequence ... made the hhd the first and now the installation is continuing ... thank for listening. :lol::wub:

That should not have made a difference. All my PC's have the CD as first boot and HD next. Glad that you got it. Let us know how it went.

Edited by MrBill