Problem With New Adaware 1.04...

make sure any running program in the background is turned off, such as anti virus when you download/install this or any program.

do a disk clean, do a system restore clean, do a defrag, then download/install the program again.

either get the program from "lavasoft" or "tucows", or maybe even "snapfiles.com"

In full scan, It stuck at objects scanned: 15327 scanning software\microsoft\windows\current version\policies\system for over 12 minutes. I cancelled the scan. Then I couldn't close the program. I had to use ctrl-alt-del. I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled with the same result. Anyone has the same problem?  :(

I just downloaded the new version on my desktop and laptop, did a complete scan on both with no problems at all.

Barb :)

I also got mine from Majorgeeks.

In full scan, It stuck at objects scanned: 15327 scanning software\microsoft\windows\current version\policies\system for over 12 minutes. I cancelled the scan. Then I couldn't close the program. I had to use ctrl-alt-del. I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled with the same result. Anyone has the same problem? :(

I'm having the same problem.

Tried 3 times from Majorgeeks.

First time ever having problems with ad-aware or majorgeeks.

Stuck at:

If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Make sure the old version was completely removed from your system before insalling the new one. (IE - no files or folders left behind after the installation.) Perhaps also cleaning out the registry might help.

I'm getting ready to download the new version from major geeks right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

(just for reference, I'm running XP Pro, SP2.

In full scan, It stuck at objects scanned: 15327 scanning software\microsoft\windows\current version\policies\system for over 12 minutes. I cancelled the scan. Then I couldn't close the program. I had to use ctrl-alt-del. I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled with the same result. Anyone has the same problem?  :(

Same problem.

"make sure any running program in the background is turned off, such as anti virus when you download/install this or any program.

do a disk clean, do a system restore clean, do a defrag, then download/install the program again."

Did all that last week too, only have 5 restore points.

Even installed in safe mode and tried to scan in safe mode with same results.

Went ahead and reinstalled 1.03 untill I try again later or tomorrow.

Oh yea, I downloaded 1.04 from majorgeeks.

Will get it from somewhere else next time.

Hurray out of frustration. At least someone has the same problem and I'm not seeing thing in my old age.

I have tried everything you guys have mentioned. I even tried the update on my other computer with downloads from Majorgeeks. The same thing happened. I put back the version 1.03 and it ran perfectly. So, I come to the conclusion that it is not my computers. Where can I find a copy of Adaware 6 now?

I just downloaded Adaware SE 1.04 from majorgeeks.com. I uninstalled the previous version, rebooted and installed it. Put a tick to perform a full system scan and no problems. Have XP home SP1,havent taken the SP2 leap yet I'm glad to see you installed 6.0, still a great piece of software.