Hp pavillion dv6000 hardrive problem

Hey everyone

I'm having a big problem with a laptop of mine. I had linux installed on it and my gf was using it . Well it got a error and I couldn't get the os to work. So I tried to use ubcd to wipe the harddrive and do a fresh reinstall of linux or windows. Well It would not read the cd right it got al these errors and stuff that made me go crazy. So i tried to use ubuntu , xp ,vista, ubcd and none of them would work . The vista and xp could not find the hardrive.

I changed the native sata setting to try that it worked before but this time it didn't

I had this problem a year ago and they said when I took it in that it worked for them since the cd he had must of had the computer drivers on it that it needed.

I have no clue anymore on what to do and if it's just the drivers how do I add them onto the cd to install them and if so where can I get the ones I need.

Please let me know this is a bad problem since I use my laptop at work a lot now and I really need it .

as TT mentioned. I think the linux partitions may me the issue. You should not have to format it, but you do have to delete all the linux partitions before the xp installer will work properly. It may be the same with Vista also.

As to ubuntu not working, that is odd. since none of the discs will run, could your optical drive be bad?

edit add later//

I do not think it is a driver issue. Both Vista and Ubuntu have good SATA support.

as TT mentioned. I think the linux partitions may me the issue. You should not have to format it, but you do have to delete all the linux partitions before the xp installer will work properly. It may be the same with Vista also.

As to ubuntu not working, that is odd. since none of the discs will run, could your optical drive be bad?

edit add later//

I do not think it is a driver issue. Both Vista and Ubuntu have good SATA support.

Well the thing is I can't find anything to format it . I try to format it slow in windows it doesn't work i try fast in xp it works then messes up in the end. the optical drive is good. The harddrive passed the test . But I'm not sure what else to do any ideas.

I was able last night to get linux to install on it. I had to find a problem called boot and nuke . I put it in around a hour later the program had the harddrive working for the live version of linux nothing else. So I used the linux partition program to create a new partition and now it works. I have some issues to get over with the linux people that are simple.

Thank you everyone for your time and help.