iPod Nano 4th Gen Help

Hello

I have a 8 GB iPod Nano, and it looks like

some songs have a different volume, or a different sound setting

because a few songs sound differently without touching the click wheel for volume

mostly too loud or way to low

and i tried turning the "check sound" setting on or turn the volume up, but nothing changed

so.....

any suggestions on how to fix this annoying problem.

Bryan :mellow:

Hello

because a few songs sound differently without touching the click wheel for volume

and i tried turning the "check sound" setting on or turn the volume up, but nothing changed

so.....

from the user guide

Setting Songs to Play at the Same Volume Level

iTunes can automatically adjust the volume of songs, so they play at the same relative

volume level. You can set iPod nano to use the iTunes volume settings.

To set iTunes to play songs at the same sound level:

In iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences if you’re using a Mac, or choose

Edit > Preferences if you’re using a Windows PC.

Click Playback and select Sound Check, and then click OK.

To set iPod nano to use the iTunes volume settings:

Choose Settings and set Sound Check to On.

If you haven’t activated Sound Check in iTunes, setting it on iPod nano has no effect.

Hello

so.....

from the user guide

iTunes can automatically adjust the volume of songs, so they play at the same relative

If you haven’t activated Sound Check in iTunes, setting it on iPod nano has no effect.

I have done that but the iPod nano will automatically turn the volume almost to 0 and alway have to turn the volume up just to here it. Then have to turn the volume down when the next song come on due to to loud. Its like the nano is possessed. One minute the volume is set half way and when the next song plays the volume is set back down to 3. What I mean is say this is you volume bar (no volume ------------------------- full volume) . I usually set the volume to half, but when the next song our a few songs later the volume will set it self down to where you barely can hear music. When looking at the volume it shows half volume just as you set it. Does anyone know if this is a big defect in the nanos? I would love to be-able to listen and not alway have to constantly have to turn or turn up the volume durring a work out.

Thanks for your help

Bryan

Hello

so.....

I believe you must reset and reload the songs after setting sound check in itunes and then on the ipod.. as I believe (could be wrong) but Itunes sets the volume when it writes the files to the ipod.. or at least to the database..

from the user guide

I have done that but the iPod nano will automatically turn the volume almost to 0 and alway have to turn the volume up just to here it. Then have to turn the volume down when the next song come on due to to loud. Its like the nano is possessed. One minute the volume is set half way and when the next song plays the volume is set back down to 3. What I mean is say this is you volume bar (no volume ------------------------- full volume) . I usually set the volume to half, but when the next song our a few songs later the volume will set it self down to where you barely can hear music. When looking at the volume it shows half volume just as you set it. Does anyone know if this is a big defect in the nanos? I would love to be-able to listen and not alway have to constantly have to turn or turn up the volume durring a work out.

Thanks for your help

Bryan

Hello

so.....

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

I believe you must reset and reload the songs after setting sound check in itunes and then on the ipod.. as I believe (could be wrong) but Itunes sets the volume when it writes the files to the ipod.. or at least to the database..

from the user guide

Thanks for your help

Bryan

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...