phy0: frequency change failed

Greetings,

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 last night on a XFX GeForce 8200 with AMD 64 dual core and nvidia graphics card (unsure of the model at the moment). When I booted to the live CD before installing it everything worked just fine. It booted without problems and worked without problems. Now that it's installed when I boot to it I get sent to a screen with the following text:

usplash: Setting mode 1152x864 failed

usplash: Using mode 1024x768

[ 24.964024] phy0: frequency change failed

Ubuntu 9.10 COMPUTERNAME tty1

COMPUTERNAME login:

---

and it continues to get the frequency changed errors about every two minutes under the login prompt. Your help is appreciated, thanks!

Greetings,

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 last night on a XFX GeForce 8200 with AMD 64 dual core and nvidia graphics card (unsure of the model at the moment). When I booted to the live CD before installing it everything worked just fine. It booted without problems and worked without problems. Now that it's installed when I boot to it I get sent to a screen with the following text:

COMPUTERNAME login:

---

and it continues to get the frequency changed errors about every two minutes under the login prompt. Your help is appreciated, thanks!

what is the wireless adapter? can you turn that off??

Greetings,

COMPUTERNAME login:

---

Yup just a WUSB54G. I can just unplug it. The live CD doesn't have any problems with it though which is why I'm so confused. I'll let you know after I try it..

Greetings,

COMPUTERNAME login:

---

Yup just a WUSB54G. I can just unplug it. The live CD doesn't have any problems with it though which is why I'm so confused. I'll let you know after I try it..

ubuntu for some unknown reason, seems at times to use a different kernel to boot the CD than it installs. This looks to be recurring bug with ubuntu.. my next suggestion was to have you boot the live CD and run uname -a

see what the running kernel version is on the CD and do the same for the install (ctrl-alt f2 should take you to a log-in console not reporting errors)