About Window 7 Internet connections

Hey everyone! I just wanna know if its just my internet connection is slow in 7 or is everyone else seem to be slow? When I was using vista the internet was fast, but now having win 7 the internet has been really slow on my desktop. The weird thing is my laptop has window 7 and the internet is fast! Why? Does anyone have this issue? Let me know if theirs a fix for this or not. I have to most up to date drivers.

Thank for your time

Bryan

My first thought was, what kind of security software are you running on the desktop? Is it different than what you have on the laptop? A bad combination of software can interfere with speed.

Hello JDoors! Ya I found it was my Anti virus program Shaw F secure has browsing protection. Once I disable it the net seemed to be a little faster after disabling it. I did a search in Google and found a trick by changing your DNS to 208.67.222.222 - 208.67.220.220 and seem so go even faster. I hope this little trick is safe to do.

Thanks for your reply :)

Bryan

Edited by sceeter32