BestTechie Acquires WyldRyde

Roslyn, New York – October 24, 2009 – BestTechie Holdings, Inc. is pleased to announce it has acquired the WyldRyde IRC Network from WyldRyde Corporation. Steve Mermelstein (usrbingeek), long time WyldRyde Root Administrator and President of WyldRyde Corporation said earlier today, “I’m handing over control of WyldRyde to Jeff Weisbein and he’ll be assuming the operation of the WyldRyde IRC Network from this point forward. You’ll still be able to find me on WyldRyde but I’m planning on playing a significantly smaller role so I may fully dedicate myself to my photography.”

The acquisition of the WyldRyde IRC Network will allow BestTechie to expand its web properties which will now include three (3) websites and one (1) IRC Network. Under the ownership of BestTechie, WyldRyde will continue to grow and foster the special community that has made it what it is today.

Full press release here: http://www.besttechie.net/2009/10/24/besttechie-acquires-wyldryde-irc-network/

I want to encourage forum members to come join us and hang out in #besttechie

WyldRyde will now be a place for all of our members to hang out, chat, and relax.

If you have an IRC client installed and cannot connect via irc.wyldryde.org (your DNS may not have updated yet) try using 76.73.58.213 or 67.223.254.182.

I'm also working on getting a new web chat setup. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

B

The current web chat solution has been fixed (it's not the permanent one) but it'll have to do for now.

Feel free to join the chat simply by clicking the Chat link in the navigation bar, enter in your username, and click connect! That's it! :)

Hope to see you there soon!

B

Working on a more permanent solution for the web chat - the first version is now up and running of the flash chat. You can find it on the Live or Chat page by clicking on either link in the header. Feel free to stop by chat and test it out with us. Also feel free to let me know what you think!

B

I used to irc years ago on mirc.

Problem is I forgot all the commands. #/ \.... etc.

I'll see if I can find a primer online.

Anyway, congrats Jeff.

Joe

Joe, check out our commands page, we have a great list (the best, I think) of all the commands you'll ever want to know:

http://www.wyldryde.org/commands/

B