Besttechie

We Want You In Chat!

K, i think its a port problem now, try doing the same command again

/server 72.20.28.246

but this time

/server 72.20.28.246 8000

if that doesnt work, then heres a few more possiblities to try. (replace 8000 with a number below)

Pierce

hi TheTerrorist_75

all i did was go to internet options-- advanced- and checked all-- ms java boxes.

and i was in ok

marty

B,

FYI, I was verbally accosted in your channel by some potty mouth b*s*a*d named tict...errr, ummm...oh, his name was Jeff, that's it...lmao..I appreciate your anticipated prompt action with putting a stop to his behavior...I believe banning him from the channel would do the trick :lol:

t0c :P

edit: after posting, I realized my sense of humor might not be obvious to all...I assure you, #besttechie is a cool place to hang out....hence, why you'd find me there just about 24/7 :D

if i wanted to change my user name in chat.

what formalities do i need to do it or do i just type a user name in

the log on form.

when i logged out i saw my user name, and my isp address, and country.

just a thought.

marty

Hi Marty,

Thats perfectly fine, we don't see any of that information. We only see a part of it, and it doesn't include your IP address. B)

B

Hi Marty,

Well if you want to test it out click the link I posted in the first post or look at the top of the boards where it says Besttechie Chat and click that and you will go to a page that asks you to enter your username, you can enter marty_mas or something. Then click the button and it will popup a dialog box (I assure you its safe to click Yes to) click Yes and it start to connect you to chat. Hope that helps. B)

B

Damn, B. when I was asked about it....some type of security thing, I hit no. Now everytime I try to get back, i don't get asked anymore. Instead it says something about not being able to get in or something like that, Rats. How do I reverse it ? I didn't realize it was safe until I read further down in this thread. By the way I am on XP home, useing Mozilla FF. 1.0.2

Hi Marty,

Well if you want to test it out click the link I posted in the first post or look at the top of the boards where it says Besttechie Chat and click that and you will go to a page that asks you to enter your username, you can enter marty_mas or something.  Then click the button and it will popup a dialog box (I assure you its safe to click Yes to) click Yes and it start to connect you to chat.  Hope that helps.  B)

B

Damn, B. when I was asked about it....some type of security thing, I hit no. Now everytime I try to get back, i don't get asked anymore. Instead it says something about not being able to get in or something like that, Rats. How do I reverse it ? I didn't realize it was safe until I read further down in this thread. By the way I am on XP home, useing Mozilla FF. 1.0.2

I'm not sure, but i think its FF>Tools>Options>Advanced>Certificates>Ask every time.

That could be it, but i'm not sure...

You are right Murtu52, assuming windows, in linux it would be File, edit, preferences, advanced, certificates, ask every time

I seen you were in chat. I would say tools/options/privacy/clear all/ok

try again

M

not with ff1.0 that comes with Iccaros linux. I checked it before I answered