Rats...squirrels?

Just a guess, but dilute some hot pepper sauce and spray it around the engine compartment.

Mmmmmmm.......Squirrel Jambalaya in hot pepper sauce. biggrin.gif

Now I am hungry for squirrel. I have dozens of fat happy ones running around my yard squirreling away the butternuts from my tree. I had to yell at one storing the nuts on my truck's engine. Must be he wanted them cooked.

Just a guess, but dilute some hot pepper sauce and spray it around the engine compartment.

Mmmmmmm.......Squirrel Jambalaya in hot pepper sauce. biggrin.gif

Now I am hungry for squirrel. I have dozens of fat happy ones running around my yard squirreling away the butternuts from my tree. I had to yell at one storing the nuts on my truck's engine. Must be he wanted them cooked.

LOL

I had hordes of them in NY and CT. They were always around. Out here I hardly ever see any. I guess they are smart enough to avoid this rediculous heat, unlike myself. Either that or the snakes and Gila Monsters eat them all. rolleyes.gif

Edited by irregularjoe

Most likely rats.

They are attracted to the wiring because of sodium used in the insulation that they confuse with salt.

My solution was to buy some of those rat poison blocks and super glue them to the firewall (inside of engine compartment) where other animals (cats etc, select the locations carefully) . Use the ones that say they kill on a single feeding. Mist them with a little salt water for best effect.