I just got Doom3 and need someone to help me, when I get to the elevator to go to the 2nd floor I see it load for about 2 secs than I go back to my menu with no sound what is going on???? (when I'm just playing at the first level nothing wrong happens everting is great except for the next level)

Thank You Besttechie

No it doesn’t freeze I can't hear the menu sounds but when I load the game again the sound works. I wish I could send screenshots but my photobucket activation E-Mail hasn’t gotton to my account yet. Anyway let me explain what happens when I get my bullets from the cabinet I get into the elevator and press the button and I see a loading page for about 2 seconds and get back to the menu. I don’t know what is going on.

P.S. I'm not running anything else

-----------------------------

I have a P4- 3.40 Ghz

with 2GB of DUEL RAM

160GB hard drive

Soundcard is a SoundMax

Thats pretty good if you ask me :P:D

Speaking of video cards, what kind do you have? The rest of your system does look pretty good, but if your running the game using onboard video or using a cheap card, the rest of your system won't help much (bottleneck at the card).

If you have a decent card though, I'm not sure what to tell you other than making sure you have the latest drivers for your card.