I'm still around. I've been playing around with gimp2. trying to figure it all out. It is a good photoshop alternative program. But has allot one needs to learn to use right.

Hi Sceeter!

I was wondering the same thing. It was very quiet around here Tuesday night! Must be spring fever or the Eastersugarbuzz letdown.

Macmarauder, stop that!!! You'll haunt my idiot box and break it!!! :P

(he's obviously still mixing candy and nitrous oxide...)

Liz

Hi sceeter,

I'm back from the mouse wars. I declared war Saturday on the clan of mice in the basement. I think we are winning too.....14 so far have decided to give up the hard way, instead of accepting our eviction notice.

Other than that, I had computer unplugged from Sunday night to today due to winter-like stormy weather and also because PGE linemen were working on the electrical lines nearby. They have moved on a few blocks now. And the rains are in an intermission for a day or so until the next round of storms comes in off the ocean. We made up at least 10% of the deficit of rain for the winter, not out of drought potential yet, but sure in better shape than we were. The mountains even got a couple of feet of snow. Nice to measure snow in feet for a change, instead of an inch or two at a time. And more rain/snow on the way this week and next. Yipppeeee!!!

So here I am, checking out what's been happening on the boards while I was gone.

God bless everyone.

Hi sceeter,

I'm back from the mouse wars. I declared war Saturday on the clan of mice in the basement. I think we are winning too.....14 so far have decided to give up the hard way, instead of accepting our eviction notice.

Other than that, I had computer unplugged from Sunday night to today due to winter-like stormy weather and also because PGE linemen were working on the electrical lines nearby. They have moved on a few blocks now. And the rains are in an intermission for a day or so until the next round of storms comes in off the ocean. We made up at least 10% of the deficit of rain for the winter, not out of drought potential yet, but sure in better shape than we were. The mountains even got a couple of feet of snow. Nice to measure snow in feet for a change, instead of an inch or two at a time. And more rain/snow on the way this week and next. Yipppeeee!!!

So here I am, checking out what's been happening on the boards while I was gone.

God bless everyone.

Hi sidekickcat those dam mice are a pain eh and hope your winning the war lol :unsure:

Ya if those suckers don't pay rent kick em out with that big bad boot lol! Hope the weather gets better there soon.

Sceeter33

Yep we are winning the mice war! Though I think they are going to be in the history book as our worst invasion ever, in our 30 plus years here.

As for the weather, we are so glad to have the rains return!!!

Otherwise it was going to be the driest winter on record, and so many bad things happen with severe drought.

Unreal to even think of a severe drought on the normally rainy side of Cascades. We still aren't out of the woods though, so I am hoping it rains straight through the July 4th fireworks season to decrease the fire danger. Actually we have had rains last that long and longer. The first year I lived in Oregon, it rained all spring and summer or so it seemed. I do remember commenting that we only had one dry weekend all summer. I think it was sometime in July. But the fall weather was great. That's Oregon, unpredictable usually except for holidays... then it is sure to rain. That's what started the rains this year...Spring Break!!! :unsure::rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

Hey Everyone,

I'm here! Don't forget about me!

Sceeter,

To answer the question about being a ghost forum, this forum is still new and is growing, forums don't grow over night they take time to develop and I think the Besttechie forums are developing quite nicely so far. Am I hoping they would just get popular already and start exploding with members of course I am. But I remember that good things don't happen over night as well. Hopefully when the time is right, the forums will become big. B)

B

To answer the question about being a ghost forum, this forum is still new and is growing, forums don't grow over night they take time to develop and I think the Besttechie forums are developing quite nicely so far.  Am I hoping they would just get popular already and start exploding with members of course I am.  But I remember that good things don't happen over night as well.  Hopefully when the time is right, the forums will become big.   B)

too true. my forum is older then B's forum and i've got less than 1/10 the members. like mine most don't even last that long.

BTW G4 has 192,618 + members the last i looked. were only up to 390.

that sounds pretty good to me. :)

g4.jpg

Hello, hello!

I see that some people think the boards are slow. There's a few reasons for this.

1-- It is spring and in some places, the weather has been decent. Many people are on Spring Break, travelling, or simply enjoying the outdoors.

2-- This board isn't exactly small, but it isn't big either. Sometimes people simply don't have time do be active on the boards. It gets quiet, just like the chatrooms (IRC, etc).

3-- For those of us who are students (Highschool, College, Universities, etc) it is nearing the end of the traditional school year. Projects and papers are due. The boards tend to take a back burner to education, for most people.

Jeff has worked very hard on making these boards a great place to visit and I commend him for that. I know some of you have seen me around and don't exactly think I'm a great person. I tend to be the one that does the "dirty work" on the forums and in the chatrooms. That's my job as a moderator on the forums and as an operator in the chatroom. I do what I see is necessary, clean up the messes when I can, and put people in their place when I'm asked to.

Like many others on the board, I am a student (in college) and this is my graduation semester. Come May 12, I'll have a BBA in HR/Mgmt. I know I'm busy, and I bet a lot of the others are as well.

Sit tight. Just because it looks like nothing is going on, doesn't mean that's the case. Feel free to start a topic for general discussion. It tends to generate the reaction you're seeking.

*wave*

nic/Jeff's "mom"

Well to me......Besttechie just started not that long ago. Seems to be growing to me.

Can't think of any where else I would want to be......

I check in pretty well every day.....just that I don't log in all the time... :rolleyes:

it isn't necessarily the quantity...it is the quality....G4 is filled with kiddies...no offense Besttechie.

when I say kiddies I mean intellectually.

heh - yeah, compared to JeePhor, we do seem to have less 11 year olds. Not that I'm much older han that - I'm only 15, but yeah, the boards aren't huge. I kinda like it like that. Here you get help from people you know, and it seems more persnal. They dont just see who can reply first to get the highest post cout - you get good quality answers from those who you know and they know you. Great knowlege here too.

I know some of you have seen me around and don't exactly think I'm a great person.

Whoever thinks that just doesn't know you well enough Nic! :D

Anyway - yeah I'm still here.

Matt

MistaMatt90 and Bearskin, I agree with you. I lurked at 4 different forums for 2 years before joining anything and this is the only one I joined (which is why I'm such a pest sometimes). I feel I did my homework and the "Best of the Best" seem to belong here, and I felt I already knew many of you when I joined. I really appreciate that you folks put up with me.

And Nic,

Congrats on that degree!!! Seeing as you're a mom who is obviously active in her son's life working on these forums in addition to school, quadruplecongrats!

Liz

I know some of you have seen me around and don't exactly think I'm a great person.

Whoever thinks that just doesn't know you well enough Nic! :D

Matt

And Nic,

Congrats on that degree!!! Seeing as you're a mom who is obviously active in her son's life working on these forums in addition to school, quadruplecongrats!

Liz

Thanks Matt, that means a lot. However, there are a few people who wouldn't agree with you. Then again, what do I care? If they don't like me, that's no skin off my back. Their deal to worry about, not mine.

Liz: Try doing an Associate's degree in two semesters and then turning around and doing a Bachelor's in two semesters. It's been a long road. I am very proud of Jeff and all the work he's done. He's had a lot to deal with and a lot to overcome. It amazes me how much he (and other kids his age) know and what they can do. Makes me feel like I'm standing on the sidelines. Doesn't matter though, they're more successful than I was at their age, which wasn't too long ago. I hope other teens follow in their footsteps, its incredible what they could accomplish.

Nic

Also, if you guys really want this place to grow, suggest it to others. I talk about it all the time at school, and suggest it to other people I know online. Two of my classmates have joined - and many people told me my goodbye speach at JeePhor made them come here too.

Matt

Yeah, when i found out that old Beluga from CFH/TSS boards on the tectv.com forums was making a forum of his own, i had to join....I wasn't a daily comer then, but after G4techtv's boards took a turn for the worse, i found refuge here.....I really prefer this place to that place now, especially because of the familiar faces (or names :D) that i see here...