New Version Released

I have uploaded a version increase for iccaros-linux..

the download page has not been updated yet.. (tech problems)

but you can use this link..

http://www.iccaros-linux.org/download/icca...03282005.tar.gz

special thanks to Hitest and tictoc5150 for their help. tictoc5150 did the artwork adn Hitest has fixed somepages that will also be refleced in tommarrows update to the page.

Thanks agian..

also please list any bugs..

one known bug..

the database part of Openoffice 2.0 is broken ..I don't know why..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have uploaded a version increase for iccaros-linux..

the download page has not been updated yet.. (tech problems)

but you can use this link..

http://www.iccaros-linux.org/download/icca...03282005.tar.gz

special thanks to Hitest and tictoc5150 for their help. tictoc5150 did the artwork adn Hitest has fixed somepages that will also be refleced in tommarrows update to the page.

Thanks agian..

also please list any bugs..

one known bug..

the database part of Openoffice 2.0 is broken ..I don't know why..

You're very welcome, iccaros! I'm very happy to help you in any way I can :D:D

Same here iccaros, glad to help out :D

maybe now you can pull the notice off your documentation page about my blunder with your name on the first bootsplash...lol...won't be makin' that mistake again!!!!...ugh, what an embarrassment :ph34r:

Edit:

Started d/loading it while I was posting before...editing my post from it now.

Very well done!!...I'll give it a 4.9 out of 5 :D

the only thing I think it's missing is an IRC client...considering all the apps you've included in this I'm surprised not to see xchat....or maybe it is there and I've yet to find it...lol

anyway, good job ;)

I put a little thing up on Digg to help promote this. I think this project is pretty cool, and as soon as I get home, Ill download a copy. You can help promote this article http://digg.com/linux_unix/Iccaros_Linux by "digging" the story. The more diggs it gets, the closer it gets to the home page for more people to see.

Matt

P.s. sorry if I should have had different info :unsure:

Same here iccaros, glad to help out :D

maybe now you can pull the notice off your documentation page about my blunder with your name on the first bootsplash...lol...won't be makin' that mistake again!!!!...ugh, what an embarrassment :ph34r:

Edit:

Started d/loading it while I was posting before...editing my post from it now.

Very well done!!...I'll give it a 4.9 out of 5 :D

the only thing I think it's missing is an IRC client...considering all the apps you've included in this I'm surprised not to see xchat....or maybe it is there and I've yet to find it...lol

anyway, good job ;)

Hi, tictoc5150,

I suggested to iccaros to remove the reference to the splash screen in my edit of the main web page. Those changes should take place when the updated site is posted:-)

I put a little thing up on Digg to help promote this.  I think this project is pretty cool, and as soon as I get home,  Ill download a copy.  You can help promote this article http://digg.com/linux_unix/Iccaros_Linux by "digging" the story.  The more diggs it gets, the closer it gets to the home page for more people to see.

Matt

P.s. sorry if I should have ad different info  :unsure:

Thanks MistaMatt90 for supporting the project :D

I've also put a link to Iccaros Linux at My Linux Stuff website.

Edited by hitest

pages have been updated. (except download page I still have to create a md5)

I am working on pages all day today.. if you would like to add input please let me know..

also a easter egg for you..

as user not root

type at a CLI

mspackman

joust

galaga

pages have been updated. (except download page I still have to create a md5)

I am working on pages all day today.. if you would like to add input please let me know..

also a easter egg for you..

as user not root

type at a CLI

mspackman

joust

galaga

The pages look great, iccaros :D

Why doesn't it run on SCSI!!!!

:'(

it may be a chroot issue.. I'll test it in VMware under SCSI.. It should .. But I have never tested it.. is this a SCSI CD or a usb CD with SCSI emulation?

do you have a way of posting where it is failing.. and giving me a equipment list.. I tried VMware. but VMware does not "boot" from SCSI cdrom..

if you give more information.. I have all week to see if I can fix it and post an update.

different issue than dk's

I had a problem in Mandrake the other day caused by the ati (gatos) drivers so thought about fixing the XF86conf file by going in with your CD...no joy, as my mandrake install is on a SATA drive which the cd didn't recognize (it sees hda just fine but no sda)...not sure if it's supposed to see a SATA so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not....more like an FYI

this could be kernel related.. I use OVFS to keep slax compatable.. in other words you can use the slax add on modules to add programs I do not have (like GCC). but since SLAX is ment to be small and you add your prgrams to make it bigger.. I may have to change from this route..

But I'll leave it up to you guys..

do I forget about OVFS and find a 2.6 kernel friendly overlay system or do I keep the SLAX OVFS and work on making it 2.6 complient..

I have a book comming called "how to program Linux drivers..."

Thank you for the feedback.. and I will take your suggestions on how I can fix this quickly..

DSL has a OVFS like file system..

I will look into it today..

sorry for the problems.

Edited by iccaros
different issue than dk's

I had a problem in Mandrake the other day caused by the ati (gatos) drivers so thought about fixing the XF86conf file by going in with your CD...no joy, as my mandrake install is on a SATA drive which the cd didn't recognize (it sees hda just fine but no sda)...not sure if it's supposed to see a SATA so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not....more like an FYI

If you want to set up SATA disc on Intel810 ICH6 controler then it is enought to modprobe ata_piix module

modprobe ata_piix
mntall

other sata modules installed

sata_via

sata_sil

sata_svw

sata_promise

sata_sis

sata_vsc

sata_sx4

sata_nv

It could work, your disk's partitions will be (hopefully) mounted to /mnt

I am not sure about the ubs cd rom boot. or SCSI boot still need more information..

I will mess with hotplug to see if I can get it to reconize sata drives at boot time..

ok Tomas released new scripts (last month) that will allow the use of unionfs instaed of OVFS.. this means I can stop working on the problem and do a rebuild.. I have been working on an alternative to OVFS but Have not had real time to do so.. (I still have a job , Collage, 2 kids..oh ya and a wife.. ) plus other things I play with..

I wil do a rebuild.. the nice part of the newscripts is I can use a standard kernel, before I used the SLax kernel after building up slackware.

I need to modify the new scripts to get things to work 100%. With 2.6 there should be better wireless drivers and linmodem drivers. as well as a better hotplug. (I know the 2.6 versions better and have been strugalling with 2.4)

Thanks to Thomas from http://slax.linux-live.org for his hard work.. I never planed to use more than the scripts as it allows a quick cd build after you build the distro. but I should have stayed on the board more and followed, as I am using the scripts from 8 months ago.

sorry for the problems. keep reporting problems and I'll work on them..

Thanks for the help

thanks for the reply iccaros

I'll test out your modprobe recomendation when I have some time...I'd hardly consider these problems so your apology is neither warranted or expected...IMO you're doing a great job and have gotten me (somewhat) interested in similar projects

(I still have a job , Collage, 2 kids..oh ya and a wife.. ) plus other things I play with..

Oh c'mon...now you're just bragging...I've managed to alienate myself from just about everyone by switching to linux :lol:

gotta love watching peoples eyes glaze over when you start rambling about linux and FOSS with enthusiasm...lol

ya ya ya .. I am rebuilding with a 2.6 kernel and some updated packages. and write some new hot-plug scripts

thanks for the reply iccaros

I'll test out your modprobe recomendation when I have some time...I'd hardly consider these problems so your apology is neither warranted or expected...IMO you're doing a great job and have gotten me (somewhat) interested in similar projects

(I still have a job , Collage, 2 kids..oh ya and a wife.. ) plus other things I play with..

Oh c'mon...now you're just bragging...I've managed to alienate myself from just about everyone by switching to linux :lol:

gotta love watching peoples eyes glaze over when you start rambling about linux and FOSS with enthusiasm...lol

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only person who bores his co-workers with stories about how great Linux and OSS is. :D

It's weird though, where I work people don't understand, know about, or even care about Linux. Even sysadmins are mostly windows or mac users.........sheesh:-)

Linux rules.

Don't know if the SCSI prob. is still there, but here is what it said (this error was after the linuxrc-start.... thing):

Error!:

cannot find your compressed IMG Files!

Maybe you are trying to start the LiveCD form unsuppored CDROM drive (scsi?)

Or you entered wrong livecd_subdir= parameter?

Or you entered wrong fromhd= parameter?

Press Ctrl-Alt Delete for reboot.

bash-3.00#

dk

do you have a SCSI cdrom..

IF so I do have to build the scsi drivers into the kernel.. I'll look into it.. knoppix does boot on that system correct..

I will make it work for you man.. if it kills some one.. :D

Well I'm going to give it a try so I'll probably need lots of help

JD

I've found it to be very good at finding hardware.

It found all of my hardware and my Internet connection. I hope you like it. :D

ok I've burned the iso to a cd and will try it a little later

JD

It works I'm now using Iccaros linux

thanks, now I just need to learn it

iccaros-linux.org/