Back Up On Cd Not An Option

Greetings all,

I dont understand why the computer won't give me the option of backing up the computer on a CD (which would be drive d) instead it gives me the option of backing up to the smart media drives(f,g,h,i) any help would be greatly appriciated.I have (2) computers which do the same thing.

thanks,

Pat

rig1

athlon xp 3000+

windows xp home

512MB ram

333fsb

160GB HD

8 in 1 digital media reader

cdrw

dvdrw

nvidia GeForce4 MX

RIG 2

Celleron D 330 (266GHz)

windows xp home

512 MB ram

80GB HD

8 in 1 digital media reader

cdrw

dvd

Greetings all,

I dont understand why the computer won't give me the option of backing up the computer on a CD (which would be drive d) instead it gives me the option of backing up to the smart media drives(f,g,h,i) any help would be greatly appriciated.I have (2) computers which do the same thing.

thanks,

Pat

Just wondering....are you talking about a specific program, or your OS/computer won't recognize the cd burner? I mean, what is telling you that u can't back up on a cd?

what program are you using to do the backup?

sounds like something in the card reader software is controlling it. Can you disable the cardreader and seslct the cd drive?

JD

Hi all did some digging and found I could do a backup on cd. I think I have to back it up on c drive and then burn it to cd. I have another problem though( with cd)when I try

to create a disk for the network wizzard. It will only let me use the media for card reader. At least when I had the old computers it gave you a choice floppy or cd. I don't have any digital camera's so I don't have any storage media. I ould go out and get some I just don't know what to get. It gives me a choice of mmc/sd(f),

compact flash(g), smart media(h), ms/pro(i). Thanks any help is greatly appreciated,

Pat

Well, just to talk about digital cameras now:

CF (compact flash) isn't the greatest type, but still, it works pretty well. SD/MMC i think is one of the best, just because of the amount of compatible things: PDAs, digital camera, expandable MP3 players, etc. I haven't had any info on smart media yet, so can't talk about that one....MS/pro (Sony's proprietary format) is alright, though i wouldn't get it due to compatibility reasons. It only works with Sony's Clies, Cybershots, and whatever else they offer....so, basically, if you get a sony product, they make sure you are going to buy more of their products....