In Remembrance: Il_wiccan

I miss Gary's hilarious Sunday morning phone calls. He helped me keep my sanity while recuperating from my surgeries. He could cause some turmoil on the forums, but mostly he entertained us with his humor. Gary was a great friend and is missed by many. I hope his next life goes well.

i endorse all the other posters sentiments

at one stage ill_wican and i used to email each other

as i found he was in hospital

some one sent me his email address

and i took the liberty of catching up with him

up until this post

i didnt know he had past away

solike many of you

i hope he is in a better place

god speed old mate i will remember you

marty

I miss him too; along with all the other members of the old guard who have passed; and the young ones like Drew lost before their time.

I remember when he had a pic of a panhandler with a sign "Why lie, I need money for a beer" taken at the old rail trestle by white rock lake in Dallas a mile or so from my house as his sig.

It used to really crack me up . Wish I had saved it.

I remember Il_wiccan from way back to the TTV days too, [or was it the early days of G4?... I get fuzzy-minded from all the transitions since the Leo & Kate days of TTV/zdnet]). His humor was infectious.

Did I miss something re: confirmation of his passing? Or is he still MIA ? (never mind G$ thread I found... Also old Besttechie thread

Did anyone know Gary's last name or city so a proper search could be done in the obits? on or after 8/25/2005 (last date I found him contributing to besttechie)

I remember Il_wiccan from way back to the TTV days too, [or was it the early days of G4?... I get fuzzy-minded from all the transitions since the Leo & Kate days of TTV/zdnet]). His humor was infectious.

Did I miss something re: confirmation of his passing? Or is he still MIA ? (never mind G$ thread I found... Also old Besttechie thread

Did anyone know Gary's last name or city so a proper search could be done in the obits? on or after 8/25/2005 (last date I found him contributing to besttechie)

Gary L Bogard, Champaign, IL

I have done numerous searches but came up empty except for the address of the new house he had just bought (house was sold in December of 2006 after Gary went missing). Being a Wiccan he probably did not have an obit run.

I miss him too; along with all the other members of the old guard who have passed; and the young ones like Drew lost before their time.

I remember when he had a pic of a panhandler with a sign "Why lie, I need money for a beer" taken at the old rail trestle by white rock lake in Dallas a mile or so from my house as his sig.

i remember that

photo

some posted it on the board

marty

My searches were also futile.

We talked on a daily bases and then the phone went unanswered for 2 weeks before being disconnected.

Don knows that deep voice of his and a train always in the background.

Gary was going to visit me, missed meeting him, Just a few days away from his trip.

He has a friend in Ashland (John), but not the last name.

I did finally start the bonfire in his honor and it was huge.

Even roasted Marsh mellows haha

On G4 it was out of respect when I would ahahah

I wasn't aware he had a son ?, only 4 married daughters.

Sadly missed.

il_wiccan.jpg

• 1 month later...

i shall miss gary as well. i did not know him as well as marsh, but i do remember him from the old TechTV days, and when he went over to G4 and here.

i always wondered what happened to him.

i always kept looking for him to pop up with his funny wit,

and even funnier pics.

he will be missed, but IMO he is looking down at us and thinking what a way to be remembered.

may he rest in peace,

and god bless.

• 1 month later...

Howdy TT,

Howdy everyone and all my old friends

I just stopped in and thought I should comment on this post.. Il and myself were close as well, I miss his "dvd's" he would send me... ;):)

Il was a great friend and will be missed by myself and many from all over the world!!

Take Care my friend

You all Take Care and I hope I can start making it around more often on these great forums! I have been losing tech knowledge from these great forms and others due to the fact my life has been turmoil lately...

Take Care

Tyme