what famous people have you met and what happened?

please share your encounters with us regular folk.

guess i'll start. hhmm let me see here. ME! B) no wait i never made it to fame but i should've.

:( no techno groupies for me. :(

:D:lol::P

BTW does anyone know how many users iTunes is up to?

just curious ;)

Well i've met many of my native country's sports stars who you probalby wouldn't be familiar with so i wont bother listing except for

Pedja Stojakovic and Vlade Divac who you may be familiar with.

Others include Leo Laporte who im assuming most of you know lol and the hockey player Doug Gilmour, Mats Sundin

And i think thats about it, mostly sports and some tech people, ill mention if i can remember any more

Waaaay back before most of you were born, I got to know John Getz, then the US Ambassador of Malta (....Malta???) and his fledgling actor son, also John Getz, who went on to "Another World" later "B" and Lifetime,etc movies (ok, so he wasn't that talented....still a kick to see him on the screen). Riches beyond my imagination, but the nicest, down to earth folks one would ever want to meet!!

I'm related to a bunch of famous people, though, John Alden (think Miles Standish + Prisilla love triangle story from the Mayflower), in fact they named their firstborn "Elizabeth with no middle name" and it has been passed down every generation to me. Also related to 2 Adams presidents, Henry W. Longfellow, abolitionist John Brown, Cassius Marcellus Clay (the abolitionist statesman, not the boxer!) and *cough*danquayle*cough* That's what happens when a branch of the family has been in US so long. Liz

This doesnt reall count for me but -- My step dad played a round of golf with Micheal Jordan, um.. Richard Simmons took a donut away from him in an airport.

I saw the guy who played Fonzi once in an airport. I met Ben Rothlesburger.

That's about it.

Matt

Well, once in 5th grade, i was with a friend in the office during lunch (those with broken limbs much eat in the office). We were just playing around with board games, and suddenly a couple people walked into the room. One of them looked back and put some sort of red nose thing on and pressed it, making a noise.....i concentrated a bit more, and it was actually Robin Williams! It was quite an experience....I remember one of the teachers ran after him for an autograph :).

Hi Robroy,

Are Rocknrollers nice? My sister was soooo excited to meet Carlos Santana (her hubby did some guitar work for him and brought her along) and the names she called him afterwards--well, I don't say, so I KNOW I can't say them here.....guess he was really rude to her. Liz

Joe was great, Ewan McColl was a folk songer in Britain and the father of Kirsty McColl. He played folk clubs where there were only small audiences. Jagger was not very friendly

WOOOOWE! at least you guys all meet people that impress others. the only people i can impress are Mac people and even then i have to tell them that they're just like regular folk. From sports stars to rock stars to my favorite comedian and blim you should be hanging in the nation museum like a painting.

it figures that Jagger would not be a nice guy. he's slept with literally hundreds of women and had jet lag in every country in the world a few times around. he's probably invented a new STD and doesn't even know it.

I've met quite a few rock stars, alot of them were just in passing and maybe a handshake but I'll name a couple that were significant for me...Rik Emmit (of Triumph) and Leslie West(of Mountain) played on the same bill and we got to hang out with them for about 2 hours after the show...2 very cool guys.

Steve Vai when he was touring with David Lee Roth...he was cool, Diamond Dave has always been a tool.

Yngwie Malmsteen (incredible guitar virtuoso) and an incredible @**hole, but was cool to meet him none the less since he influenced my playing quite a bit back then.

Ozzy Osbourne, not that I remember it that much cuz I was about as wasted as he was...hehe.

Morgan Rose (not that many of you would of heard of him but he's the drummer for Sevendust, was voted best hard rock drummer by a few mags last year)...met him at a local music store where he was putting on a drum clinic...really cool guy...very strange looking but very cool...lol

I could go on but why bother, they're just rock stars...lol...Was one of the perks of having a best friend's mom working at the venue that all these bands played.

well lets see ive met a lot some very important ,connected with my old job b4 i retired in JANUARY. met pres. bush & the clintons, & both vice pres. & personaly know dick cheney because i live near him. also met some judges that are on the supreme court. guess these are not very interesting, but some are very stupid........lol

Kim Simmonds with past and present members of his group Savoy Brown. NASCAR drivers Jimmy Spencer, Mike Mclaughlin and a**hole Geoff Bodine from my days being involved with racing NASCAR big block modifieds in the '70s. I met August Busch III when I was working as a Steam Fitter at his brewery in Lysander, NY. Auggie is laid back and cool to talk with. The guy that invented Nestles' instant soups. I can't remember his name but he rented an apartment above my friend's. We woke him one night with loud music while we were stoned. He walked into my friend's apartment and adjusted the bass on the stereo. We talked for an hour. That old boy was a rush. Tim Green the former NFL player had a camp in the Adirondacks near mine.

I had the chance to meet a few NHRA drag racers. A friends brother ran a concession booth that sold cajun food (real cajun food). Got in free and had pit passes the works. These guys would come around for real food while by passing the "fast food" stands.

John Force shoot down some folks (adults) asking for an autograph to take a pic with our kids. That was a nice moment, actually talked with the kids for a minute as his car was being put back in the pit.

M