Hi Everyone,

It's now officIal: Besttechie has an IRC chat room. I always wanted to make a chat room and now, thanks to il wiccan, I did. The room is on the WyldRyde Server and the name of the room is #besttechie. It's very simple to get there. All you have to have is an IRC chat client. For example:

mIRC

The most well known IRC client. Now it's not free but it's worth the price.

Virc

This is a free IRC chat client and works very well. I also recommend this one.

Trillian

This also allows you to use IRC. Trillian is an all in one chat client that works well, and if you don't care for IRC scripts then Trillian would work fine for you.

There are many others also.

Ok, once you have your IRC client open. If you don't have an IRC nick name make one. Join the WyldRyde server and then join the #besttechie room. If you don't want to use an IRC chat client then you can use this easy and simple java applet.

To join the server type:

/server irc.wyldryde.org

Or use the chat applet.

Besttechie's Chat Room Applet

Once you get in to change your name to your name on the forums type this:

/nick thenameyouwanttouse

Then press enter

My nick in the room is either B, Jeff, or J3ff usually.

Hope to see you all there soon. If you have any questions please ask them.

B

For those linux users out there, here are some excellent IRC clients:

KVIrc - This is the one I use. It is simple and light-weight, though it tries too hard to automate things for my taste (like when you connect to a server it pops up a window of channels you've been to to choose from).

Konversation - Also pretty cool. I used to use it before KVIrc.

And, of course, XChat - This is one of the most well-known clients for linux, and it is pretty good.

Would love to jump on this during the day, but alas, I have a feeling I'd end up in big troubles....my work doesn't like me going to non-tech sites, and I have a feeling it's gonna include chatting, even though it may BE about tech. LOL...will have to jump on in the evening sometime. :P

Tonight, however, I have a baseball game to be at...go Rangers! B)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...