if so can it be downloaded and installed

this bloody windows mail should be shoved up bill gates =======+++++

ive tried to find it in the search option

ive been into the site

but the options are for winxp

any ideas thanks

marty

Edited by martymas

yes with vista they replaced outlook express with windows mail. there is no way to use outlook express in vista.

that is one reason i went back to XP on the emachine i got which had vista.

I use Thunderbird to access both my Gmail and ISP accounts at the same time. Wanna talk about simple. I enter one password, 3 accounts get checked at once. Which reminds me, I need to add my Comcast one to it (the ISP one I have in it is mine from my parents' ISP back home).

I use Thunderbird to access both my Gmail and ISP accounts at the same time. Wanna talk about simple. I enter one password, 3 accounts get checked at once. Which reminds me, I need to add my Comcast one to it (the ISP one I have in it is mine from my parents' ISP back home).

I detest Mozilla products.

thanks team i appreciate your in put

like TT

ime anti mozzila

but i have my reasons

and weve argued who what why and when it was the best

or worst

OE is a better program than windows mail

as for mozilla well many of you know my opinions on

this browser

ive grizzled about it for years

so ive stuck to what suits me best

thanks again

marty

Edited by martymas

I think there is a security issue ; along with the whole bundled apps tied into windows more deeply than some like which caused the abandonment of Outlook Express and its change to Windows Live Mail.

Needless to say I do not recommend using internet applications which have had support abandoned and are no longer patched.

Looks like the last time they had a patch for OE was in May 2006; not really a good idea to keep using something this old.

I detest Mozilla products.

LOL, I've noticed that :D

Still, I really like Thunderbird, and think that it an excellent free alternative. There's also Outlook, which comes with Office. Of course... not free though.

Yep, I also like TBird. I like how it sets up nicely with IMAP and handles multiple accounts. :matrix:

Agreed. Outlook is an excellent e-mail client.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Marty, and everyone else ... I'm using Windows Mail now and I like it just fine.

When my old system died it took my e-mail program, supplied and branded by my ISP, with it. I never liked Outlook or Outlook Express (I know the ISP just 'skinned' OE but at least they supplied tech support if I needed it), so on the new system I was handling mail online. But, I DO like having some mail on my computer instead of in the "cloud" (like personal correspondance) and some mail I feel I SHOULD have on my compter (like registration and purchase confirmations), plus those kinds of e-mails were beginning to pile up (I'm reminded of a friend who only handles mail online and he has probaby hundreds of e-mails he has to sort through before he can find anything).

So, wanting, needing, to 'download' e-mails I turned to Windows Mail. I already had it installed but not set up, so I went to MS's site for it and read up on it. Hey, it's integrated with Windows Contacts -- I use that! Hey, it's also the replacement for the Windows Calendar program -- and I use that even though it sucks (locks up). Sounds like it's exactly what I need. Why wasn't I using it already?

I configured it (thanks to my ISP's e-mail support pages -- WHY isn't this easier?), used it, and it's fine. So far, my only nitpick is that the onscreen windows do not remember their location once re-sized (I HATE the default size of the view e-mail window). It's pickier about mail it thinks may be suspicious (warning about or blocking e-mail I subscribe to -- easy as pie to configure though). Other than that, it's fine.