Wireless Headsets

I work in an industrial setting control room and have recently started having problems with coworkers not turning the sound down on the radios they use to communicate with other co-workers in the field.

The system is relatively old (using Motorola XTL 1500 and Motorola MCS 2000 radios), and some people transmit very loudly over the radio and some very softly. I am looking for a low cost solution to this issue. One solution that I have thought of is a wireless headset with a transmitter beside the current speaker. This would make it so the I wouldn't have to upgrade the entire radio system, the only issue that I am having is that I can't find anything that fits this description.

In summary, I am looking for a wireless earphone headset that recieves from a seperate microphone located right next to the radio speaker. This will allow for the radio to be turned down so I can still hear but not disturb others, and is also a low cost solution.

If you know what this type of system would be called, or know of any systems that would apply themselves to this application, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Why do you want to continue using the microphone built into the radio?

The headsets I've used disable the built-in microphone and use a boom mike -- never saw a headset without a mike of some kind. I suspect the plug for the headset MUST disable the mike -- though I vaguely recall a setting for that on the radio ... (It's been a while). Wish I could remember specific brand names we used over the years, I'm sure the company bought whatever was super-cheap, so ya oughta be able to find something inexpensive. Ironically, one of the best known brands is made not too far from where I am -- I just can't remember the name of the place.