The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate ear aches! one time when i was a kid i had a mild one and still went to school, i got in trouble for something, i don't remember what for but this teacher would grab kids by the ear and drag them to the office. when she went to grab me and take me to the office she grabbed me by the ear with the infection and it hurt so bad.

hope you feel better soon thesidekickcat. so for now here's a funny looking hat to keep your ears warm.

Fuzzy Hat

Thanks Liz for the hug, and Mac for the fuzzy fur hat. But I think I'll shake some flea powder in it just to make sure no critters are left over from the previous owner. :rolleyes:

Mac, if that teacher had done that to me when I had a ear infection, I probably would have punched her hard. Ouch...makes me cringe just thinking of a sore ear being pulled on. Oooouuuuch!!!!

I do feel better today, not as headachy, ears better too (barometric pressure back up high again which helped, but still kind of foggy headed (worse than usual :rolleyes:) from it all. I don't usually get such bad headaches but oh my when I do they are usually doozies! Even my teeth ached on this one, maybe I was gritting my teeth from pain, only thing I can think of.

Well we still have managed to escape snow. Had another chance last night/early this morning if snow level came down to less then 500 feet. Sure had heavy cold rains, but thankfully no snow. Mountains are making up for last year's no snow with many feet of snow instead of the few inches at a time as happened last year.

Liz one of these days I'll ask you how you did the animated hug image. It's great!!!

Luv ya folks!!! :wub:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

"Liz one of these days I'll ask you how you did the animated hug image. It's great!!!"

Handplane made it! Isn't he amazing? I just love how his signature changes week-to-week, too.

And, if your teeth hurt, it's sinuses (which is connected to pressure changes and earaches). When Daughter was teething, her nose was imitating the Niagra Falls and my mom said, "well, every time I have a head cold, my teeth hurt". We decided teeth and sinuses must be connected! Sometimes Mom's Intuition is better than doctor's advice. :thumbsup:

Starting to make Christmas wreaths for my Southern relatives--they don't get fresh greenery because it is stale and expensive in Florida, so a Michigan pine wreath is the perfect gift. Went to the tree farm and snagged some Douglas Fir branches today. This tree farm gives me the branches, Bless their hearts (most sell their branches, greedy buggers) and I make sure to bring a batch of Spritz cookies to the farmers (and of course I buy my Christmas tree from them) Might not be posting very much between now and Christmas but I will be reading everyday.

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy! Grabs a hot chocolate...How's things?

I finished decorating the house for Christmas today (OK, I'm late, according to everyone, but Christmas isn't for a week! Usually this is the weekend I get the tree and that is already done!) Actually, I need to make a pine garland for the staircase but I don't want needles plopping everywhere (plopping?) That project will be sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday. I love making garlands. They go quick.

Got almost all of my shopping done, too! Want to get Hubby (OK, me....) a wheelbarrow (I broke it last summer) and a couple of cookie sheets (broke those, too, well, they're warped), some gasoline cards for the kids, and I'm completely done! I think. I hope. We'll see.

Thursday I'll start baking cookies and making fudge, but for now, I'll hang a fresh Douglas Fir wreath on the Besttechie Cafe's front door.

Liz

Question for everybody, is there some unwritten rule that you have to spend Christmas with family? I ask because my buddy wants me to come down to his place in KY for a while, and my mom got rather upset when I told her I wasn't going to be their for Christmas.

Question for everybody, is there some unwritten rule that you have to spend Christmas with family? I ask because my buddy wants me to come down to his place in KY for a while, and my mom got rather upset when I told her I wasn't going to be their for Christmas.

Carnevil, there is no unwritten rule, it all depends on the Mom--some Moms are weird about weird things. 2 years ago, my daughter had the opportunity to spend Christmas in England and I was thrilled for her. Can you imagine, Christmas in the land of Dickens? Now, my sister's mother-in-law had a hissyfit because she was "taking her son away to Florida for the Holidays" and we are talking about "grown ups" here...

Best you can do is to keep talking to her and if she keeps objecting, see if you can go to KY on Dec 26 :thumbsup: If you decide to go anyways, make sure you call her on Christmas morning or Christmas Eve, depending on when you celebrate.

Liz

(gets bit by bozodogs cake)

OUCH!!! darn cake.

well at least i shouldn't have any germs from something that was cooked at 350 degrees

in the middle of the night

aaaaHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Edited by macmarauder

Gingerbread cookies for everyone! (boy it smells good in here)

Soooo, is everyone done with their Christmas and Hanukkah Shopping? I would like to say I am, until Son and Girlfriend wrapped presents here--I'm gonna need more wrapping paper--and Daughter couldn't find new lunchbox for Hubby (her mission) so it looks like I'm going to tackle the stores once again tomorrow. Arggh. I thought I was done. So it's to the dollar store and Meijers for me tomorrow.

Anyone find "just the perfect gift" for anybody? I found one--the movie "Airplane" came out on DVD and I got it for Son. That poor kid has been trying to catch it on television, because I keep telling him it is hilarious--he watched it once, 15 minutes into it, laughed his head off, but never has watched the entire thing. Hopefully he will be thrilled. Oh, and a yo-yo for my 7 year old nephew--he's just the right age--as long as he doesn't bean his little sister or break any lamps with it. I'm one of these people who say it doesn't matter the cost of the gift, what matters is that it is "perfect for the receipient" Yes, I drive myself nuts sometimes.

Liz

Any of those gingerbread cookies left for me? I love ginger cookies and if they can last long enough, they are even better over the next few days, but great hot out of oven too...!!! :thumbsup:

I've been planning to come over here and post the links to a couple of my favorite Christmas sites. So here they are finally.

If you love decorating the place, here's the right site to do it. (turn your speakers on too, yes most of the time mine are off).

Elle's Christmas Place

Santa Claus site

Just found this site, sure looks like a keeper.

Christmas Carols, lyrics and history

Hubby is home, so off to fix supper.

Pat

God bless everyone.