The Besttechie Cafe'

I'm glad you are back with us Mac, but sorry so much bad stuff has been happening.

I guess I missed it somewhere (or forgot it? :blush: ...the older I get the worse my memory is it seems...sorry), who is Ashley, and when did she die? I'm so sorry you lost someone you cared about.

I hadn't been worrying about you (to much) lately because I thought you were considering moving to Las Vegas and perhaps had gone there to check it out or were in process of moving or something.

The trouble with life's troubles is we have to go through them to get to the other side. I so much would prefer to go around everything ignoring all the trouble but it just doesn't work out that way I'm sorry to say. Seems like when I take what looks like an easy side detour around things it just messes it all up worse and takes longer. So plow straight ahead my friend, you will make it through the tough times.

I was thinking about you yesterday when I read this article about an inventor and master magician extraordinaire. Though I hope you find the right girl to share your life while you do your inventing, as I am sure you will eventually, just give it time.

Inventor and Magician Extraordinaire

Take care my friend and don't forget we all love you. :wub:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have been wondering where you've been, Macmarauder, but figured like Pat, you were investigating Vegas.

You didn't tell us about Ashley--she wasn't your ex, was she??? I don't remember her name, but do remember that it was a pretty name. And a great big huge *hug* to you.

And do come around when you're feeling "pissy". Sharing is good for the soul and we all love you!

I worked my heiny off today....washed Dining room windows inside and out (counting storms, that's twice as many windows!), did 4 loads of laundry (blankets and comforters in addition to the two usual loads) and hung them on the line...smells heavenly, and defrosted the fridge. Taking advantage of one final nice day...OK, the fridge could be done anytime, but when I get a bug up my rear end.....

Liz

• 1 month later...

I'm glad the cafe doors and windows were shut so no rain/wind damage, but oh my the smell of rotten food is pretty bad in here, so will open the place up to air it out, since it isn't raining now.

So since I am the first one here I'll start cleaning up that stuff.

Glad we have a garbage disposal, and a vent above the stove...krinkled up nose...phew!

So now the refrig is cleaned out, and I've washed it down inside with soap and water, and rinsed it with vanilla water, and added a new box of baking soda, so it should be ready to use by tomorrow.

Now to clean up the coffee pots. Sure glad they had auto timer shutdowns!!!

Someone left a pot of cabbage on the stove...phew...I think I'll just chuck the pot and all outside in the garbage. I sure don't want to clean that out!!! Phew!!!

I've got the vacumn out, any volunteers out there? Now the coffee is freshly done, I'm going to go take a coffee break sitting in my favorite rocker. Hey who left all the cookie crumbs all over the chair and laprobe?

Oh just remembered, better call Mac and the rest of the gang, to come on home, and don't forget Honeybun, and Kitty too. We really need Kitty to get rid of all the mice that moved in for the winter.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Thanks for doing the vacuuming, that is hard work for a place this big! You did a great job too. Will I ever learn to spell that vac word right? nah! Forgot to spell check last time too. I have at least two or three wrong ways to spell it, just never the right one without spell-checking.

Now the place is nearly ready for the rest of the crowd if we can just get them over here.

Good night folks.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Turkey sandwiches and Leftover pie for everyone (and that French Vanilla Cool Whip is delicious!)

Meanwhile, I'm going to crawl into the corner with Kitty and Honeybun and stare aimlessly into space. No running amuck for me today, I woke up tired and after a pot of coffee, now I'm shaky and tired :thumbsup: Knowing me, my energy will kick in around 10pm!

But house is clean, supper is planned (leftovers, of course) and I survived Thanksgiving!

Yawn

Liz

OK, there's no "test" section on the new version of the boards so I'm trying this out to see if I did it right (all by myself, by the way!)

hugs.gif

Do you see a hug? (and thanks, Handplane!)

Yay! It worked! I have conquered Photobucket Linky things!

Liz

LOL. Makai! Naah, I'll never be Savvy--I don't even have my own photo bucket thingy, Finally got Son to teach me how to use his "photo bucket thing" (and I wrote all the steps down--he is a very good teacher! "Click the tree" is just my speed). But this will be a lot better than my plain old *hug* :thumbsup:

hugs.gif

Ooooh, it worked again, this is amazing!

Liz

Coffee please....is there any extra cookies??? :rolleyes: Coffee and cookies go good together.. :rolleyes:

***hint hint...Liz... :rolleyes:

Well just got this new Firefox 1.5..all went very well and it's working great. Just have to wait for the extensions to catch up now.. :P I had 3 that weren't up to date with 1.5 yet. :lol:

Have a good day everyone... ;)

Edited by rv56

Wow Liz, That was great!!!! Congratulations.

You need to give up the newbie label, and admit you can do more advanced stuff!!!

Now on to our local wacky weather forecast which is always tricky with a possible snow event for us, or just plain wierd as Ch8's Matt Zaffino (sp?) said tonight. Anyhow depending on where the storm comes in off the Pacific, and how cold it is, and how much cold funnels down wind tunnel of the Columbia Gorge from east to west to us, and how high up we are in elevation, then we could get several inches of snow with 35 to 60 mph winds depending on closeness to the mouth of the Gorge (ie: Troutdale) tomorrow. Could even be snow all the way to the valley floor, not just the hills around us. So maybe by 4 am or 8 am depending on which forecaster (one even says no snow), we could get rain, snow, then more rain on top of the mess while we warm up to about 35 or higher...oh yeah the winds too. So wet snow...high winds...I am definitely unplugging the computer tonight!!! Also it could be over tomorrow night, or continue as more "unstable" (their term) storms roll in after this one, or ???? :wacko: Definitely wierd weather!!! Hubby threw the snow tires in back of car, (he goes in early to work so may miss the first part of this, but if it is bad when he gets off work he may have to put them on to get over the hill)

So I may not be around for a day or more.

Hubby says it's time for cat medicine, so I'll post this now without previewing it...sorry.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Aw, shucks, thanks for the compliments! :wub: Actually, I think someone here did talk me through posting a picture a long time ago, but I forgot how (and besides, that was before the board format changed..."click the tree" wasn't part of the instuctions, I would have remembered that!)

OK, smartypantsies, how do you post a picture without using photobucket?

Aw, Macmarauder! I already know all the words to RubberDucky and have the original album (though it's scratched up) I got addicted to that show in college and between 4-5pm, if the telephone was for me, my roomates had a great time saying, "she can't come to the phone, she's watching her program".....Come on, there's lots of adult humor on SS for the parents, right?---at least there used to be..I got disillusioned when Snuffalofagus, then Elmo (ugh, he stole Grover's limelight) came on the show But thanks, I'm emailing that link to the kids! And they will groan and say, "ohhhhh, mommmmm" :)

:pirate: Oooh, I just noticed, Macmarauder, those are :pirate: PIRATE DUCKYS! :pirate:

Wow, Pat, sounds like you have some wacky weather coming your way. Stay safe! We had a bit of an ice storm last night. We all had to chip almost 1/4 inch of ice off our windshields this morning. Don't care what environmentalists say--road salt is a good thing!

Mmmm, oatmeal-raisin or peanut butter cookies for everyone (I never could make good chocolate chip cookies)

Liz

Edited by blim

Thankfully the snow storm turned into a nonevent for us in Portland, though both Wa and Or coastal mountains, foothills and mountains to the Cascades in both states, and Eastern Or and Wa, and up I guess clear up I5 to Seattle area etc all got it. The mountains got a lot so the ski resorts are happy.

Anyhow the storm low off the coast, went through the Southern part of Or and Northern part of Ca, so being that far south the winds didn't kick up in the Columbia Gorge so that didn't bring our temps down enough for snow.

I stayed up last night for the 11pm news, one channel said no snow, one said a mix of rain/snow/one said we'd get hit hard. Oh well Matt Zaffino sure took a lot of ribbing today for being so wrong, but as he said yesterday and today, if it came in across the middle of state (W to E), then it would have hit us hard. We have had exactly that happen before with these low pressure storms coming in off the coast a couple of hundred or more miles out. I am just glad it didn't do it this time. And I'd rather they warned us that it was setting up for it, then to pretend it wouldn't and then have it happen.

Anyhow luckily...until the right conditions set up for next time...we just have heavy rain showers now.

Sure was a low barometric pressure all day though, so glad the storm went south or we could have really been in trouble with it. I think that is why I have a bad earache and headache. Even my eyes hurt. Weird.

Anyhow I think I'll just lurk on the boards awhile before I go to bed, can't even think straight enough to post much tonight. See you folks later.

Pat.

God bless everyone.