The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i'm back with more coffee beans. we went through a lot coffee and tea in such a short while. hmmmm .............. i think i'll install a starbucks. yep!

this thread is now under construction.

caution.jpg

Please don't turn my new favorite cafe into a Starbucks coffeehouse.

This is a special BestTechie place for everyone, not a corporate franchise for the elite yuppie, or yuppie wannabee. Please let's keep it just our BestTechie place, not one run by some Seattle suits.

So since you started it, is it your cafe' or did you turn it into a cooperative? I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, forgive me for saying anything about your plans. But I really don't like Starbucks, neither their coffee or what they do to a neighborhood. I feel like they are similar to Walmart for taking business away from the Mom and Pop and other individually owned neighborhood places.

Remodeling and building in more seating is a good idea though for future growth.

I would like to see a lounge area with some comfy rocking chairs, or other comfy lounge chairs for those of us who want to dwaddle over our coffee in comfort. Yet still have dinette booths, and tables out in the main cafe for those who are hungry.

And to save on hiring a cook, how about installing some of those Star Trek meal replicators? Probably could find them on Ebay for a good price. That would accomodate all the food variety anyone could want on a 24 hours a day basis. And I am sure there are some programers around to check out the software, and keep it operational and updated on a regular basis. (Though maybe we could eliminate the alien food choices?!?)

Just some cafe' ideas for consideration. Anyone have any others?

God bless everyone.

Sidekickcat, you had to give Macmarauder ammo (The Star Trek meal replicators), didn't you? I can hear him banging around in that basement now!! :D Liz

Heh-heh, does replicated coffee have the same kick as the real stuff hand picked by Juan Valdez?

Beam me up Scotty!

BTW, I'm a rabid Star Trek fan :D:D

Starbucks passed on the idea, something about financing a virtual Cafe with digital they just didn't like. but i fixed the sign and added tables and chairs outside with umbrellas. a new frapachino machine and we now have

The Star Trek meal replicators

as far as the replicators go i tried to make one but for some reason i gave everyone Klingon Rabies. so i figured that just this once the old fashioned way was good enough. :)

post-7-1112048608.jpg

Starbucks passed on the idea, something about financing a virtual Cafe with digital they just didn't like. but i fixed the sign and added tables and chairs outside with umbrellas. a new frapachino machine and we now have
The Star Trek meal replicators

as far as the replicators go i tried to make one but for some reason i gave everyone Klingon Rabies. so i figured that just this once the old fashioned way was good enough. :)

I am so glad that it wont be a Starbucks! Thank You macmarauder!!!

Ah...you are thinking ahead to good weather with outside tables and the umbrellas are a nice touch for both sun and showers! Great!!!

As for the replicator idea...that's ok! I remember that some of them were quite tempermental, and also heard that the drinks didn't carry any kick. My coffee has to jolt me awake with that old fashioned caffeine every day just to navigate the day.

Yes I think the old-fashioned non-tech way is just right for us all. Change of pace is always good.

And no I certainly don't want Klingon Rabies. Is that what caused hitest to be rabid??? :rolleyes: "BTW, I'm a rabid Star Trek fan" he said. I wonder if it is curable? I have heard reports through the years that seem to prove it is a chronic lifelong condition with a variety of symptoms.

God bless everyone.

And no I certainly don't want Klingon Rabies. Is that what caused hitest to be rabid??? rolleyes.gif "BTW, I'm a rabid Star Trek fan" he said. I wonder if it is curable? I have heard reports through the years that seem to prove it is a chronic lifelong condition with a variety of symptoms.

Hi thesidekickcat,

Yep, too much coffee and watching old Star Trek episodes made me rabid :D

But, I've had my shots and hardly ever howl at the moon any more..................grrrrrrrr.

Besttechie cafe is the best cure for what ails you :D

yeaaaaaa, Coffee Al Fresco by moonlight....glad I missed the photo op...hate to have someone recognize me and blow my witness relocation program deal.

and what are we putting in this damn coffee...barbituates?...me and googlebot seem to be the only ones to stop in here after 12am and I don't trust that guy, I think he peed in the coffee pots...sure hope you wash them out every morning...lol

Hi all,

Well, I don't need coffee, still on an Easter sugarbuzz or sunlight, but coming to visit anyways. It reached 50 degrees today! Yea!!! (my spring tantrum is on page 2, I'll let it stay there) I depooped the half of the backyard that isn't still snowcovered (how can a 50 pound dog fill a plastic grocery bag? Perhaps because it has been snowing since October?), raked up a garbage bag full pinecones (easier to do when the ground is still frozen) and did it without my winter coat! It felt WONDERFUL! 50 Degrees and these idiots in Michigan are out in shirtsleeves.... The snowdrops and crocuses are blooming but they're only 1 inch high. Never seen them that stunted before, but....they're flowers!

TheTerrorist75, warmth's-a-coming your way if jet stream is normal, and all who sprayed Lysol in our direction, thanks!! Liz

I think I need a lot of good, strong, coffee....maybe I missed something...what ever happend to the "Besttechie- Jane Pauley" tele show? did I sleep thru it?...(bearskin slaps himself in the face) :blink:

I think I need a lot of good, strong, coffee....maybe I missed something...what ever happend to the "Besttechie- Jane Pauley"  tele show?  did I sleep thru it?...(bearskin slaps himself in the face) :blink:

I read somewhere that "Jane Pauley Show" is either going off the air or is gone. I don't remember where I read it.

BTW, I'll have a cup of coffee to go, and throw in a donut or two. :D

Barb B)

yeaaaaaa, Coffee Al Fresco by moonlight....glad I missed the photo op...hate to have someone recognize me and blow my witness relocation program deal.

and what are we putting in this damn coffee...barbituates?...me and googlebot seem to be the only ones to stop in here after 12am and I don't trust that guy, I think he peed in the coffee pots...sure hope you wash them out every morning...lol

Wow! I never knew anyone in the witness protection program before, at least I don't think so. :unsure:

And thanks for your warning about the googlebots nocturnal habits with our coffee pots... yuck! And I was already yucked out by the mice in my basement eating way to many dried plums with the usual plum effect on them!!! :angry: Definitely don't feed those bots any plums!!! Trust me on that!!! :rolleyes:

So maybe we need to bring the tribbles back after all, to guard our cafe's food and drink from the bots? :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Hi Macmarauder,

Yes I got a giant kick out your comic!!! Thats great! I have a comic of Garfield "mooning" a computer saying "Compute this!" taped to my idiot box. And you created that? Wow, are you talented--artistry, inventiveness, tech, science and humor, and of course your overacting skills!--you definitely are using both sides of your brain! Thanks for the laugh, Liz

here is a little strip from an online comic i used to do when i was bored. it's old but i thought that thesidekickcat and blim would enjoy it.

sorry it's a little degraded from the compression years ago. the comic was called the

"UG the Computing Caveman"

LOL..... Good one. And a good one.

Now I can have my coffee and read the funny pages all in one sitting.

macmarauder, that was a good comic strip. I agree you are a very talented young man!!!

Eccentric (jk!), but Talented.

Liz, I must have missed Garfied mooning the computer, sounds funny!

I have this Cathy one near my computer.

First frame Mom says.."uh, oh. How do we send E-mail?" Dad says "I forgot. How do we write E-mail?"

Next frame, Mom says "I forgot. How do we write Anything?" Dad.."I forgot. How do we find a Help Chat Room?" Mom.."I forgot. How do we find someone on the web, who can help us find the chat room?" Dad... "I forgot."

Next frame, Mom..."When our teacher was standing here, we could do everything...and now, Zilch!" Dad.."How could it have gone so fast??"

Last frame, Both in unison..."Day Ten with our computer, and we already ran our of memory!!"

I remember those days so well, as if they were yesterday!

Wait, I think some of them were close to yesterday!!! :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

yeah Eccentric that's it. :D thanks guys but i'm just really good at looking at things differently than everyone else. plus the overacting ;) i'm really just trying to spread the humor.

be forwarned though. you might be seeing me in the support sections. i haven't really messed with the tech support side since i got booted from leoville unless someone PM me or emailed or something. but lately i've helped 2 people here through PM and for some reason someone has been sending people to me through macunderground and mac-forums. i'm even going to try my hand at windows support for once. :o

(shrugs shoulders)

why not?