The Besttechie Cafe'

Mac, if their "religious leaders" would quit preaching hatred and violence at the most "brain washable" this could mostly be over. It's not temper tantrums, it's POWER! It's not the perpartraitors of the violence, it's the manipulators of the vulnerable minds.

Sorry, I still say hang them all!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All!

Macmaruader and Bozodog, I think you're both right! So many conflicts are caused by a power hungry person wearing a religious cloak. This has been going on since the beginning of time.

Why don't Jews eat pork? Well, Jews were dying, the governing folks figured out it was pork (they didn't know why pork was getting folks sick...) they figured if they made it a religious law, people would abide by it, as the government was not trusted, even back then! Same goes with not cutting meat and dairy with the same knife. These "rules" kept people healthy in the age before germs were discovered. This explanation might be totally wrong, (I'm sorry and correct me if it is!) but a wise pizza eating Jew explained it to me, and the explanation makes so much sense!!

This stuff started out for the protection of the welfare of people but evolved into the "power thing", probably because it worked so well.

I was taught that Mary Magdaline was a prostitute, when there is no mention in the Bible of it--Pope Gregory felt that women were getting too powerful in the church (they did do most of the work....) that he taught his congregation that. Same disquise--powerhungry person trying to get folks to follow his way, so he used the pulpit to do so. All these centuries later, preachers are still giving out wrong information!

Unfortunately the unscrupolous discovered that they can push their own powertrips as religious law.

Saddest thing is the different religions are a lot more alike than they are different. The Jewish Sunday School I went to as a kid wasn't any different than the Christian Sunday School I attended later--except Old vs. New Testament!

Ok, off the soapbox before I get the burnt donuts hurled at me and grabs a coffee---how is everyone?????? Bozodog's getting the sand out, Macmarauder's getting the nerve to go out--everyone else must be out--where are y'all?

I'm inside watching the yard get a much needed rain. Hasn't rained much, but we'll take it! Tomorrow there is a Car Parade/Show here (pre 1975 is the only rule). I'm sure the boys will be going to watch, the girls will probably try to talk the boys out of going, I'll be mean and tell the girls to go with, as they may learn something.......Or at least they can con the boys into buying them an Elephant Ear.

The White Lake Historical Society is having its "day" on Saturday. That's always neat--they have historical stuff on display and antique boats (it takes place at a Marina, but around here, everything takes place at a Marina!!) Other than that, its been mighty boring in W. MI.

Liz

so blim your just watching the grass grow huh? :mellow:;):o^_^ OOOOOoooooo a Car Parade. pre 75. i want a go. beam me up scotty to MI. :D yeah bozo is having fun in the sun and i'm still here. i did something neat today though. i had a yard sale! yeah i know they're boring but mine are the best in the world, well at least that i know of. i put out the usual stuff and the stuff that my parents come over with. i can't afford to spare the room for all of my crackpot inventions so i put some out there each time. i get alot of the different things that i need to build my inventions and duhikies and watchahoozits and your wandoodles and what not, form estate sales and auction houses. i buy alot of junk and sometimes i'll buy a broken amusment machines. like pinball machines, video games machines, and even a bowling machine. well i just don't have room for it all so after fixing them i just put them out into the yard sale. yep! and that's not even the biggest things that i have at my yard sales. those of your who remember me from leoville will probably remember that 15 ft tall Trebute i built. yep! when i was done with it and had had my fun i put it out on the outer lawn and sold it. when i have yard sales all the niehborhood children come to see what crazy things i've got. i fell like willy wonka (not the johnny dep micheal jackson one, the original). my back yard shop is full of wonders and dreams. i took some pictures and scrounged a shot of the old Trebute.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/macmarauder/4.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/macmarauder/3.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/macmarauder/1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/macmarauder/2.jpg

Ooohh Mac! How kewl is that? Dang beam me to Macs yard sale.... I love pinball! (*notices Mac is a good lookin' guy and gives him a big *squeeze*)

How far were you able to pitch things? What did you pitch? I'd like one that threw watermelons high enough to blow up with a shotgun. :P

Wow, Macmarauder, your yard sale goodies look great! How'd you do? My Dad loves "goin' junkin'"--he would have had a good time at your sale, he loves toys of all kinds.

OK, I'm dumb and googling didn't help, whats a Trebute? From the picture (waves, Hi Macmarauder!!) I'm guessing it's the wooden thing, from Bozodog's question, is it a catapult or launcher of some sort? If it is, one of the parties we went to in Denmark had a miniature version which was used to fling cupcakes. The teenaged boys had an absolute blast with that--it was one of the highlights of the trip for them!

And good for you for comparing yourself to the original Willy Wonka! I agree! And I thought if anyone could fill Gene Wilder's shoes (if you read the book, he was perfectly cast) it could be Johnny Depp, then I saw the commercials and just wanted to cry....no way am I seeing that new movie and I "harass" the kids and their friends for even talking about seeing it ;) Hmmm, I'm sounding like Veruca Salt, aren't I??

I goofed, the car thing is NEXT Friday. I'll point the boxfan West so hopefully you can smell some carborated exhaust fumes, Macmarauder.

Liz

a Trebute is a fench version of a catapult. i picked it cause of it's efficancy. patric norton made a really small one on TSS out of plexy glass. the paticular one i did is call a floating arm trebute. i made a few changes to the very old design and add a sling, crowl, and a loaded ball bearing track for all that to sit on and the whole thing sat at a 15 degree andgle for mazimum power and on wheels to losse less power from the recoil. Hmmm how far you ask. VERY VERY FAR. the coolest was when it was done i took it out to an old air plane field out here and launched a 10" super ball. :D it went bounced the whole length of the run way. i calculated for a 10lb projectile that was round for about 400ft . when the arm was extended up and the sling was flying through the air the projectile was about just under 30ft high. i buy alot of old stuff that's broken and nobody wants from those auctions. you never really know what you will find.

Whoo Hoo, Macmarauder!! I'm picturing the French hurling farm animals from the Monty Python Holy Grail movie, saying "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" :D That thing would throw a cupcake to the moon!

It was "almost cool" and cloudy today so I did a lot of weeding. Parents came over to snag some peppers. The banana peppers are just starting to ripen (they smell like a flower when you cut them open!) and the yellow peppers are still green, but you can cheat with them and pick them green. Our growing season is so short, those are the only ones that grow well up here--even then, it depends on the summer. Last year we got a couple banana peppers, that was it.

Went to the Historical Society Thing--same-o, same-o, but there was a beautiful antique wooden double masted sailboat on display. Sigh, I want it....

Son's "dead Saturn" is now living at Mechanic Brother-in-Law's house. Brought it over there today and it made it the 8 mile trip!. He has a line on a replacement engine and plans on giving it to his daugher who is taking drivers training. It's cute, it's sporty, she should like it...and a much better place to donate the car than a junkyard!

Liz

Wow, Macmarauder, your yard sale goodies look great!  How'd you do?  My Dad loves "goin' junkin'"--he would have had a good time at your sale, he loves toys of all kinds.

OK, I'm dumb and googling didn't help, whats a Trebute?  From the picture (waves, Hi Macmarauder!!) I'm guessing it's the wooden thing, from Bozodog's question, is it a catapult or launcher of some sort?  If it is, one of the parties we went to in Denmark had a miniature version which was used to fling cupcakes.  The teenaged boys had an absolute blast with that--it was one of the highlights of the trip for them!

And good for you for comparing yourself to the original Willy Wonka!  I agree!  And I thought if anyone could fill Gene Wilder's shoes (if you read the book, he was perfectly cast) it could be Johnny Depp, then I saw the commercials and just wanted to cry....no way am I seeing that new movie and I "harass" the kids and their friends for even talking about seeing it ;)  Hmmm, I'm sounding like Veruca Salt, aren't I??

I goofed, the car thing is NEXT Friday.  I'll point the boxfan West so hopefully you can smell some carborated exhaust fumes, Macmarauder.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just for you Blim.

catapult...hahaha

Wow, Bearskin, you had success!! Thank you! Ok, who was the smartypants who spelt it with a French Accent and led me astray in Googleland (Macmarauder........)?!?!? My search got some car radiator...thing :D

Liz

God love ya Mac, but sometimes I can't tell if it's your spelling or just typos. Heh heh and even sometimes I can't even decipher some of the words. So here's a gift for you. WordWeb

Now this is a big help for me, but I'll admit I spell some words so badly the program can't find them either.. :P

Ok, so no watermelons.... how about cantalopes? Weeeeee!

God love ya Mac, but sometimes I can't tell if it's your spelling or just typos. Heh heh and even sometimes I can't even decipher some of the words. So here's a gift for you. WordWeb

Now this is a big help for me, but I'll admit I spell some words so badly the program can't find them either..  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*me laughing so hard fell over*Watermelons fine with me but cant's will do in a pinch.

Now this is a big help for me, but I'll admit I spell some words so badly the program can't find them either..  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i prefer to think of it as my own personal language. what'll confuse you even more is that most of the time it's on purpose and once in a while it's an oppsey. i drove my teachers nuts with this. i can't spell well or grammar not so good. but they knew how much genius was in my head so i actually convinced some of my teachers that my spelling errors were really for dramatic effect. :lol: . i couldn't help it if i was smarter than them and they knew it. they feared me! ok maybe not but i like to think so.

i know you guys don't fear me. but have you ever seen the face of a teacher when you have to correct them or you figure out a way to do the experiment in half the time just prove that the book was wrong. especially when the teacher didn't fully understand and stuck to the book accuracy of the book. i hated having those old out of date books. they might as well say that the earth is flat.

(waves hands in the air like scary monster)

i'm dark and evil FEAR ME RRRRRRRRRRRR!

(blim replies with how cute i look when i make scary faces)

i'm a mad scientist and i'll hack your computer with a pocket calculator. RRRRRRR!

(looks around as everyone goes back to posting on the forum)

:( nobody fears me. i should've put a bug in iTunes that gives the computer the blue screen of death with my face in there some wheres. :D

Hey mac,

I saw a good show the other day on the Science Channel.

The show was called "In The Name Of Science".

They built a floating arm Trebuchet.

It was made out of "I" beams, and was 4 stories tall.

The wheels, and axle, they used on it, were from a railroad car.

The counterweight was a mix of concrete, filled with scrap iron, and had a weight of 24,000 lbs. (12 tons).

This thing was awsome!

They built it to throw upright pianos.

On the first attempt, it launched with so much force, it ripped the nylon net, being used as a sling, and tore through the piano, shredding it.

The second attempt went much better, after some modifications.

They built a metal frame on the back of the piano, and switched to 3/4in. steel cable for the sling.

The piano went 250ft. into the air, and 400yds. downrange.

After launching a couple of pianos filled with explosives, they tried something a bit different.

An old, Opal Manta.

I guess the force of the Trebuchet was just too much for it, because when they released the weight, it tore the car in half.

The back half went straight up, and the front half, in pieces, went downrange.

That was definitely an interesting show.

Hi All,

Been laughing at the "day's antics"! Yep, Macmarauder, I'm "shaking in my boots" (and telling you how cute you are)

Correcting teachers? Nope, not me, only on the inside......but I drove my art teachers completely insane. I'd paint or draw the right side of a project with my right hand and the left side with my left hand (I'm a klutz and didn't want to "smudge" anything, and besides, it was easier) My pottery teacher could not figure out how in the world my thrown (potters wheel) pots weren't warped--every "forming process" was done "different handed". My senior year in HS, the teacher gave me projects that she had in college because I was too advanced--one problem, she went to the same college I did. So when the profs assigned the projects, I whined "but I did that last year...want me to bring it in to show you?" Fortunately (well, maybe....) they figured out a way to make the projects more challenging.

TG, I would have loved to see that show, (no Science Channel here) especially when they launched the explosive-laden pianos!

Bozodog still has watermelons on her mind I see :D Yep, betcha that big Trebuchet could handle a truckload :D Gallagher would be impressed, but his Sledge-O-Matic would be obsolete--

Liz