The Besttechie Cafe'

Well last nite was the beginning of summer and today is the longest day of the year. How kewl it was to sit on the deck just at dusk and watch the fireflies flitting around in the gardens. Made coleslaw, grilled cheese burgers and had a few cold beers. Sure wish it would rain, my bones ache and the garden's getting dry.

Off to the doctor today, wonder if he's gonna x-ray this busted wrist this time.

*brews up some hazelnut coffee and slices the cheese filled coffee cake. Help youself folks, I'm off to work.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, Cheese cakes sounds soo good Bozodog...thanks...Summer is always the greatest time of the year for me...just because there isn't any cold weather around...I like it hot, but then again, I like the air conditioning my car and my house provide...LOL...go figure...I think it is because I have control over them...

Another Dramatic Day at work. I didn't even get to work this morning and I had 2 phone calls telling me that "this computer won't do this," and "my computer is smarter than me because I don't know what I am doing!". I get to Hear that all day long...or atleast until our big company move is over with and I am able to lock myself in my office again...

Everyone have a great Summer this year...ENJOY

yep! what ever we want. welcome to the cafe', would you like some coffee, or maybe a mocha capachino. it's so lo fat that in the the act of attempting to drink your virtual beverage you will expend more energy than fat gained in turn loosing a little weight.

ha lets see starbucks try to do that! :P

Actually, I could use a glass of water, and maybe an asperin. I just spent the last hour or so staring at the visualizer on iTunes while listening to Pink Floyd. Now that is a healthy alternative to other.. forms of relaxation.

I used to split firewood to unwind,oh well to each their own.

Been warm here the last couple of days,best cure I have for that during the work week is a tall glass of iced suntea and a thick slab of watermelon.

Who is up for it?? :thumbsup:

:matrix:

Hi, Matt!!!

Welcome to the cafe. Yep, we do talk about anything and everything! Me thinks Mac's nitrous oxide/cotton candy machine is in here.....Oh, and Pink Floyd--great music!!

Happy Summer Solstice!!! Big full moon, too (closest to earth since 1987), the Pagans will be wild tonight. B) Vile, maybe thats the reason why things decided to break at work today and folks got crabby! Sunset 9:24pm (except in MI sunset gets later during the next few weeks, it just sleeps later at sunrise).

Finished reading The DaVinci Code. Very good yarn! Lots of twists and turns and I only figured out one thing in advance. The "controversial Holy Grail" stuff was written thoughtfully, too--didn't merit all the media fuss, in my opinion--the real basis of the book is the conspiracy/murder mystery. My folks tell me there's another book by Dan Brown ("dragon...something...") which they just finished and its even better.

Tenmm, I'm drinking a tall glass of tea, too :)

Liz

Hey Matt....welcome to the Besttechie Cafe....... :D

You can pretty well get anything you want here.....and ya....any subject you wish to talk about....it's all here.. :thumbsup:

Listening to Pink Floyd huh....um... can ya turn it up a little....or a lot... :lol:

Have a good time....take care...209191.gif

Time for a quick cup of coffee and I'm outta here... Busy today, work in the morning, take cat to vets for EKKK!!! castration. And the Brit is going to take his test for a genuine USA drivers license. I think he's nervous about it. I told him if he could drive in the UK all bass-akwards like they do he'll be fine. (*ducks the thwap!)

*Waves adiós*

Come on back when you have more time(reaches for another maple bar)

HAHAHAHAHA,I liiiiiiiiiiike it three days off starting NOW :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Goes to refill coffee cup)(looks out window and watches everyone on their way to work)

Bozodog, good luck with the cats!!! Ew, even the thought of a cat in the car is enough to make me feel really, really sorry for you.

We have some friends who moved from England to US and now they're back in England. Getting a drivers license in US is a piece of cake compared to getting a license over there. And yep, just have to make sure he not only drives on the proper side of the road, but gets in the proper side of the car (*evil laugh and ducks, too :) )

Son and a bunch of fellow Marching Band Geeks are heading up to their annual Mackinaw Island camping trip and to see a big car show in St Ignace--They meet at our house because they always forget to pack something--sigh--percussionists.....they need Mom to get out the list and ask if they packed everything. They did pretty good this year, but you really need to pack ketchup if you're grilling hot dogs....!

Last year the lows were 34 degrees (yes, in June), this year the highs are supposed to be in the 80's, no winter coats needed this time around! They better bring me back some Maple Nut Fudge--they ALL forgot last year and a fudge request were my last words to them...like I said, they're mostly percussionists!

Liz

Bozodog, good luck with the cats!!!  Ew, even the thought of a cat in the car is enough to make me feel really, really sorry for you.

We have some friends who moved from England to US and now they're back in England.  Getting a drivers license in US is a piece of cake compared to getting a license over there.  And yep, just have to make sure he not only drives on the proper side of the road, but gets in the proper side of the car (*evil laugh and ducks, too :) )

Son and a bunch of fellow Marching Band Geeks are heading up to their annual Mackinaw Island camping trip and to see a big car show in St Ignace--They meet at our house because they always forget to pack something--sigh--percussionists.....they need Mom to get out the list and ask if they packed everything.  They did pretty good this year, but you really need to pack ketchup if you're grilling hot dogs....!

Last year the lows were 34 degrees (yes, in June), this year the highs are supposed to be in the 80's, no winter coats needed this time around!  They  better bring me back some Maple Nut Fudge--they ALL forgot last year and a fudge request were my last words to them...like I said, they're mostly percussionists!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might I suggest a note in every bag :rolleyes: as they are percussionists use block letters :lol::thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

No I didn't forget where the computer was, though how to use it at times is a complete mystery!!! :rolleyes:

How come things that have been working fine for ages just decide not to work one day? I couldn't make my dialup connection connect today! No rhyme nor reason, it just didn't. So called tech support, and did what the menu said, which it had already been set to do, but redid it, and sure enough the thing worked right even though it was set the exact same way. Wierd.

The reason I haven't been around here is weather again!!! :angry::rolleyes:

I have been offline, and unplugged, for about a week now due to more "unsettled' (understatement) weather. I am so tired of thunderstorms!!! The last one even caught all the tv forecasters by surprise. Right after the noon news yesterday, which said only a few normal showers about 50 miles south of us on radar, there was a severe thunderstorm for about 45 minutes. Sure glad I'd looked at the sky and decided to work in the kitchen for awhile before getting on computer. So the weather people all blew it. :rolleyes: Sure was glad I hadn't plugged computer back in. Haven't had any damage here, except to my nerves!!! But some places in our metro area had street flooding, trees down, even one downtown tree fell over a van driving down the street (driver knew exactly how much damage as he was an insurance adjuster or whatever it is called that decides if car is totaled as his was), and houses and trees hit by lightening causing fires. (I never want a metal roof for sure now I've seen how it attracts, and then spreads damage after a lightening strike.)

So it's nice and sunny for today and tomorrow, we are to be in mid 70's after morning clouds both days. Nice to finally warm up. Then back to rain showers. I just hope they are normal kind for a change.

I've been picking raspberries in between the showers, and weeding garden etc. And doing alot of reading and tv watching when it is raining. Those home improvement shows kind of get boring after awhile, though a show called "Clean Sweep" was inspiring. I would have started right in pitching stuff into piles to get rid of if only lightening wouldn't have been zinging over my head. :rolleyes: Seriously, once the hot weather starts up (if it does!), then it is back to my basement cleanout that I started ages ago. That show really gave me incentive to reclaim space in this old house. And thankfully don't have to make all the decisions of what to toss or keep in 30 minutes, that is so brutal. :rolleyes:

Now what has been going on around here while I wasn't here?

People having car accidents (I hope your brother is ok Dr V), and teeth beeing pulled, here is a hug Liz! But it's good to see new people on the board, and in the cafe', welcome folks!!! In case you haven't noticed, I'm the longwinded gabby of the board. Sorry to miss out on all the good food that has been here too. From strawberry shortcake to suntea, to bbg!

I have just a meager offering of raspberries today. Not enough sun, to much rain, so slim pickings in between showers.

Liz, thanks for researching the font size thing for me. I forgot about the accessability wizzard thingy. I checked it out when first got the computer, don't remember what all it did, so will try it out again. I tried everyone's suggestions, except haven't gotten another browser yet. If I ever get caught up on things to do, that is on my list though the top thing coming up is to uninstall Norton Antivirus, and install new one which I hope isn't as bad a job as it was last year!!!

I think the real answer for me is to finally get my eyes checked and get new glasses then will be able hopefully to realy see things again. Now if I can just get an appointment with the Dr I want in the next few weeks, :unsure: on a day when my hubby can take me in as she does the drops in eyes thing which no one has done on me in the last 4 or 5 exams.

Good to be back here again, really missed you folks!!!

God bless everyone.

Glad to see you back sidekickcat, we had a doozy of a storm pass through here last night about 5 pm. Sat out on the porch watching the sky light up. Wife thinks I'm nuts, I don't think it though, I know it :lol::lol:

Hey bd , how did 'the brit' do with driving test, tell him this one passed fine, only thing they told me was that I kept looking the wrong way first at intersections. We aren't the ones who drive bass-ackward, its you all :lol: we just carried on a tradition several times older than this country, of passing on the right. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liz, its the drums making them deaf :lol::lol:

Hi All,

Tenmm, your post got me laughing so hard!! You must have first hand experience with percussionists--Son's triple doomed, he is also a Soccer player and a Morris (Folk) Dancer--and he certainly is eccentric, down to his wild shorts and bright blue hair 2 years ago!!!...and I write his notes in red pen :D

Robroy, they're not deaf, they're ignoring us.....

Welcome back, Sidekickcat! Send some of those boomers to the east. Like Robroy, I love watching the storms, too. Problem of West MI is that it gets so windy that I can't often watch on the porch without getting soaked from that horizontal wind, but driving out to Lake MI to watch the storms roll in is awesome. Thank goodness the guy in the van wasn't killed by the falling tree! One of my adopted kids lost her father that way--hit him "just right" in the head--her mother, in the passenger seat, got only a few scratches. I bet with all that rain soaking the ground, a lot of trees get uprooted, don't they?

I'm so glad I've never had to get eyedrops at checkups, they sound awful. When I don't wear my glasses, I can't hear, either!!!

It's been nice and hot here, too, but today was real windy, so it didn't feel hot or humid. When it gets hot, I just pretend I'm on a tropical island--without the palm trees. It's bound to cool off good, though--a sister from Florida is coming up to visit in a couple of weeks. The last time she came up here, it was highs in the 50s, lows in the 40s (in July!!)

Liz

Now what has been going on around here while I wasn't here?

People having car accidents (I hope your brother is ok Dr V), and teeth beeing pulled, here is a hug Liz!

Liz, thanks for researching the font size thing for me. I forgot about the accessability wizzard thingy. I checked it out when first got the computer, don't remember what all it did, so will try it out again. I tried everyone's suggestions, except haven't gotten another browser yet. If I ever get caught up on things to do, that is on my list though the top thing coming up is to uninstall Norton Antivirus, and install new one which I hope isn't as bad a job as it was last year!!!

I think the real answer for me is to finally get my eyes checked and get new glasses then will be able hopefully to realy see things again. Now if I can just get an appointment with the Dr I want in the next few weeks,  :unsure:  on a day when my hubby can take me in as she does the drops in eyes thing which no one has done on me in the last 4 or 5 exams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HI thesidekickcat, glad to see you back on the boards. if your out of suggestions i've got a few more ideas to suggest. although i tend to think that being on the boards are pretty important.

what about a seeing eye dog for poster? If worse comes to worse i heard that some scientist are looking for volunteers for a little experiment that has some nice side effects. they put your brain in a large mayonnaise jab and hook it up to a computer. the good part is that the computer has a T1 internet connection. all you have to do is play chess once in a while and that can all be yours, well for as long as your brain food supply holds out. but hey it's a T1 connection.

i totally missed the post where blim was getting her teeth pulled. here's some ice cream for ya.

Vile Vile Vile. maybe a little story of one of my road trips with my friends will help cheer up your brother. there's been a little exaggeration over the years through the way that my friends tell it but i'll give it a try.

A police officer pulled us over and informed my friend that because he was wearing his seat belt, he had just won $5,000 in a safety competition.

"What are you going to do with the money?" the officer asked.

The man responded, "I guess I'll go to driving school and get my license."

Friend #2, who was seated next to him, chimed in, "Officer, don't listen to him. He's a smart aleck when he's drunk."

This woke up the guy in the back seat (me), who, when i saw the cop, blurted out, "I knew we wouldn't get far in this stolen car."

At that moment, there was a knock from the trunk, and a voice asked, "Are we over the border yet?"

No we weren't in a stolen car, i was being sarcastic. but Zane, Pat, and Dan had a few drinks while i was asleep in the car and i have absolutely no idea at the time why Dan was in the trunk. I was joking because Zane is the absolute worst driver i've ever seen. He's even been hit by a parked garage. :blink: We were arrested and spent the night in jail.

"i totally missed the post where blim was getting her teeth pulled. here's some ice cream for ya. "

TOOTH, Macmarauder, TOOTH, one on the bottom in the back where no one can see it's gone. Yeah, I am a wee bit vain :) I do feel like a hillbilly, though. I'll be glad when the dentist replaces it

And hilarious story! Ever figure out why Dan was in the trunk?

Liz