The a**hole weatherman happily announced "Spring" arrived at about 7:30 this morning. I cussed, threw pair of folded socks at the TV and changed the channel. We have 8 more inches of fresh snow on the ground and the high today was 30 degrees. 4 days ago, we broke a 73 year old record with a low of 7 degrees. There are still giant icebergs on Lake Michigan. We usually have the "January Thaw" for a week, this year it was one day. There is no end in sight. Son and I went to Kentucky a week ago...and it.....SNOWED! We go there to thaw out!

Everyone west of Michigan (prevailing winds come from the west), please feel free to go outside and spray Lysol or hairspray in our direction!!!.....help...me....please

Liz

Hi Liz,

My mother just emailed me this the other day, considering the topic of your post, I figured you'd get a kick outta this....note, there was some adult language in this one and I did my best to edit it all out, sorry if I missed something and offend anyone.

Massachusetts Snow Diary

AUG. 1

Moved to our new home in Massachusetts. It is so

beautiful here. The

city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it

covered with snow. I

LOVE IT HERE

OCT. 14

New England is the most beautiful place on earth.

The leaves are turning

all different colors. I love the shades of red and

orange. Went for a

ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are

so graceful.

Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on

earth. This must be

paradise. I LOVE IT HERE.

NOV. 11

Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone

wanting to kill such

an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and

tranquillity. Hope it

will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE.

DEC. 2

It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything

blanketed in white. It

looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned

snow off the steps and

shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today

(I won). When the

snowplow came by we had to shovel the driveway

again. What a beautiful

place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT

HERE.

DEC. 12

More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did

his trick again that

rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE.

DEC. 19

Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the

driveway to get to work

this time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. F***ing

Snowplow!

DEC. 22

More of that white s*** fell last night. I've got

blisters on my hands

from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around

the corner and waits

until I'm done shoveling. That A*****e!

DEC. 25

"White Christmas" my busted ass. More f***ing snow.

If I ever get my

hands on that son-of-a-b***h who drives that

snowplow, I swear I will

castrate the dumb bastard. Don't know why they don't

use more salt on

this f***ing ice.

DEC. 28

More of the same s*** last night. Been inside since

Christmas day except

for when "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go

anywhere. The car is buried

in a mountain of white s***. The weatherman says

expect another 10

inches of this s*** tonight. Do you know how many

shovels full of snow

10 inches is?

JAN. 1

Happy F***ing New Year. The weatherman was wrong

(AGAIN). We got 34

f***ing inches of snow this time. At this rate it

won't melt until the

4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road

and s*** for brains

had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow

my shovel. I told

him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the

s*** he plowed into my

driveway. I broke the 7th shovel over his f***ing

head.

JAN. 4

Finally got out of the house today. Went to the

store to get food and on

the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and

I hit the f***er.

Did about $3,000.00 damage to the car. Wish the

hunters would have

killed them all last November.

MAY 3

Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you

believe the body is

rotting away from all the f***ing salt they keep

dumping all over the

roads. It really looks like a piece of s***.

MAY 10

Moved to North Carolina today. I can't imagine why

anyone in their right

f***ing mind would want to live in the God forsaken

State of Massachusetts.

hahahahaha!! Loved it! :lol: except we get the f***ing snow starting in October!!!!(if you design Halloween costumes to fit over snowsuits, yeah, you're in Michigan) I'm copying and emailing this one!!! Liz

wow.....thats harsh for you guys. On the west coast (near the beach and LA) its decent weather. It rains every so often, but i'm not complaining; right now it looks quite pleasant.

But, never fear, it'll soon turn to the dreadful summer time....even though i have vacation, who wants to go outside in 90+ degree weather?

going through the same problems here in Colorado. snow one day great sunshine the next and then back to snow and gloomy clouds. but it's kinda like that year round.

and no it's not me this time guys. i left the weather machine in storage and i turned it off ........... hmmmmm ............... although i thought that it was funny that the kid at the storage place complimented me on the Freeze Master arcade game i had in storage. :huh::mellow::o

But, never fear, it'll soon turn to the dreadful summer time....even though i have vacation, who wants to go outside in 90+ degree weather?

I want to go outside in 90+ degree Weather!!!!!! B) Liz

I guess one thing is clear, you can't control the weather, and no matter what it does there will be complaints.

For instance our normally rainy Portland Or area, (and all the NW) are facing droughts and high fire danger already. I thought we were at the 3rd or maybe 2nd driest winter on record, but the noon news said it is now 2nd and may end up being the driest ever. We have matched and broken all kinds of high temperature records this year. Had several days in the 70's even. Now that is just plain hard to take for us webfooters this early in year!!! Now NW governors want to declare emergency status for low water levels in reservoirs, low snow packs in mountains, and low river levels. (though they may be more concerned for the salmon than the people!) We had a dust/pollen settling half inch of rain over the weekend and it was wonderful. Much cooler too, even had some wind to go with it. Now that is what it is should be here from fall to late spring!!!

I heard today that someplace in California got so much marble sized hail that they had to snow plow it. Now that is wierd.

One thing is certain, sooner or later the weather will change and we will end up complaining about it then too. HA! :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

Hi Sidekickcat,

I heard about the early drought on the news a few days ago---that is not good. I remember all the wildfire problems in past years. Hard to imagine drought conditions in March...

Also saw footage about the hailstorm---wow!!! Guess some areas got more than a foot (now thats one slippery mess)

And Hi lamuskrat,

You reminded me of when my sister moved from MI to KY. At first she marvelled at everything closing with 1/2 inch of snowfall, the accidents, stupid driving, etc. (down there they attach plows to the garbage trucks because they have no plowtrucks!) She called them "lightweights". She moved back to MI a year ago and now absolutely refuses to drive on any snow at all!!! *insert drawl* Guess she fergits purty quick.

And we rose to 32 degrees this afternoon. Yes!!! I actually heard a cardinal!

Liz

Ahhhh yes.....spring has sprung.....

It's been snowing all day and will continue tonight and tomorrow with winds as we sit at -6C/21F.

Oh well......this is normal March......soon it will get better.... :D

rv56,

I truly truly feel your pain! And that windchill factor sure makes it worse, doesn't it? Cuss,throw something at the weatherman on TV and change the channel. Won't change the weather, but it'll make you feel better. Where the heck are you at that you're colder than Michigan??? Liz

Hi rv56,

Gets out map of The Great White North----(of course I have one, I live in Michigan, duh!) ooh, you are in a cold part!! you'll have to warn me when you get those artic fronts. Usually the jet stream sends us your leftovers! keep warm, Liz

You can all join me at the southeast corner of Lake Ontario. 200"+ of snowfall is the norm. Last year we got 7 feet in 7 days. Just another plain old winter. Shovel and swear! Today it finally warmed up so I pulled all the plastic off the windows and put up the blinds and curtains. Tomorrow they're calling for more of that lovely snow. <_<

Hi TheTerrorist 75,

You beat me by about 50 inches of that white stuff--thats wild!, and you're about the same latitude as me!!! (NY, right?) I know upstate and PA gets "Michigan's leftovers", which usually ends up messy. Don't you hate the term "Lake Effect Snow"? Sun came out today, you should see it tomorrow!! Liz