New Spyware Remover

i just came from castle cop & found this new program. you might want to check it out.;;;Antispyware program beats out Webroot Spysweeper, Lavasoft Ad-Aware and PestPatrol in recent PC World's shoot-out

Clearwater, Florida, USA -- Sunbelt Software, a leading provider of Windows security solutions, today announced that it has received the PC World Magazine Best Buy award for its antispyware tool, CounterSpy.

In a review of seven antispyware products, PC World gave CounterSpy its Best Buy award for delivering the highest spyware detection rate. CounterSpy was found to be the most capable antispyware program, providing an overall scanning efficiency of 85%.

you can down load here download.com

i ran all my spyware programs & nothing, then i ran this new program & it turned up 4 spys . some of the other guys over at the other board did same. & found spys so thought you might want to check it out.

& i also ran ms spyware nothing.

Might have something to do with this:

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpy.cfm

How Come Microsoft Updates Sunbelt's CounterSpy With Spyware Definitions?

Sunbelt is not "licensing the code from Microsoft". Microsoft acquired our anti-spyware business partner Giant Software. There is a whole story here, but in short, this is what Microsoft states on its website: "Anti-spyware solutions require definition updates-signatures of known spyware and other unwanted software-that are necessary to keep the solutions up-to-date. Because of a legal agreement between Sunbelt Software and Giant that preceded the Microsoft acquisition, Microsoft will provide spyware signature updates to Sunbelt through July 2007." There is a separate link to a Sunbelt Company Newsletter called Stu's News where you can find all the background information.

"Microsoft to provide sig updates??"

NOt knocking them but run adaware after a fresh install, never connected to the net, you will find adware. This is with XP Pro. Go figure. Not trying to be a doomsdayer but it just sounds a bit funny/odd.

M

If they're asking you to remove Microsoft's anti-spyware program then there must be a possibility of false positives which may be those "other" hits you found. To fully test it someone would need to setup up two similar PCs and visit the same websites then scan to see if either or picks up different malware programs to determine if one is better than the other.

Well, that must explain my problem...

I ran CS and it found a few thing, cookies and a few other things, nothing major, a few mionor things. When I ran M$ it would not load up at all, kept saying loading signatures and then that is it, there was another process that was running and it would take 95% of my cpu until I turned it off... gcasDTserv.exe......

I liked CS (it did find a few things others didn't and I know they were on my system), it looked remarkabely like M$ and would swear they were developed by the same developers..I had problems when I used that program, but it was not my fault it was on my ISP side, so I think I will download that and M$ again and do some more testing... See if they interfere with each other again..

Howdy!!

Well be using it since I said I would instal it, and has been working good...

I don't like how I can't disable the start up when windows starts... Maybe you can, I haven't really played with it to much. But what I use to disable all my start up stuff (codestuffstarter) wouldn't even disable it, I will have to look in the programs settings and check into this...

I'll keep you all posted

Sup

Tymekyller try using MSConfig.

Start, Run, Type MSConfig, and press enter.

Click on the Tab Startup. Look for the specified app that starts up when you start windows and uncheck the box next to it.

This should keep the program from starting when you load up windows. But in order to have the program run, you would have to start it like any other program. As long as it is unchecked, it won't start with windows...