but he isnt the only politician

to become newsworthy

i can name two who sit on the other side of the fence

god be with him

marty

Somewhere, Mary Jo Kopechne is smiling.

AMEN to that...

Note for sethook and Mr.B

OK. I should have posted some ground rules with my OP. But I thought it was obvious that this post is a tribute and rememberence page to Senator Kennedy.

The man just battled BRAIN CANCER for 16 months. Do you have any idea what that entails?

Please show some respect. A LOT of people hold Senator Kennedy in the highest regard, including most of his rivals.

Thanks for your understanding.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

Okay. I'm putting on my moderator hat now. Let us stay on topic here. *This is a tribute thread for Senator Kennedy.*

If we get too political I guess that is okay, but, then I will move the thread to The World and Politics forum.

Not everybody feels that way towards him. Just expressing our opinion.

Your opinion is a valid one. However, I don't think it is appropriate to politicize a tribute thread in Open Chat by bringing up Senator Kennedy's past misdeeds. We prefer that politics is discussed in the appropriate forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

This thread has become a bit partisan and political which is fine. I'm moving this thread to the World and Politics forum.

Not everybody feels that way towards him. Just expressing our opinion.

Your opinion is a valid one. However, I don't think it is appropriate to politicize a tribute thread in Open Chat by bringing up Senator Kennedy's past misdeeds. We prefer that politics is discussed in the appropriate forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jo_Kopechne

This thread has become a bit partisan and political which is fine. I'm moving this thread to the World and Politics forum.

Should of been there to start with.

... like no one ever injected politics into threads about other politicians after their death ... <_<

A fair point, JDoors. :)

But, let us post our political stuff over here in this forum. My deepest sympathies go out to the Kennedy family.

OK. Let me try to understand this.

I posted a thank you to a friend that I have known and admired for 30 years.

Posting it was a tribute to a great man. It made me feel better and temporarily lessened my grief.

What is wrong with that?

It was not posted as a political debate. I did not ask for any rebuttal.

When I read the few negative replies I became upset and almost lashed back at them. But then I stopped and reconsidered. ....which is something that I learnded from watching the Senator all these years.

So to the antagonists I'll just say this. Try reading a few things about the person you are whining about. Do a little research before you lash out. You might actually learn something.

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe
I did. That is why I posted what I did. 2 rights don't make a wrong ok.

I'm impressed. Was it Page 6 of the NY Post, or the latest dribble from limbaugh and beck?

Either way, my post wasn't open to debate.

'nuff said.