Hey there

Today I came on my PC and tried talking through my microphone, all of a sudden all I could hear was a hum and no other sound, my voice wasn't even being noticed at all, now matter how close I was getting. I bought a new mic and the same problem remained, updated my Realtek drivers and problem remained, looked through google for solutions, couldn't find any.

I DJ on a constant basis on radio stations online so would like the matter fixed as soon as possible, if you have any idea why this might be, please do say.

Please note I have checked if any thing's on mute, it's not, I've looked at all options I know about and it's all fine.

It's happened all of a sudden so I don't know if the problem is deeper then just the software prehaps?

Thanks!

My first thought was a defective connection, but the new mike did the same thing ... so it 'sounds' like your sound card failed. If you're comfortable working inside the computer I'd still check the internal connections (and connectors) first though.

Welcome to the boards. These boards are not maned. People log on and off all day and night. We try to help as soon as we can. Please be patient...

On board sound or a slot sound card. If a slot card, Shut PC off, remove card completely, turn pc back on. Shut PC off replace card, turn pc back on.

Look in the device manager and see if it shows and YELLOW ! or ? by ANYTHING especially something with the sound card.

It's Realtek so it's likely onboard. I'm willing to bet that either a setting was unknowingly changed or the Mic jack is wore out.

Edited by Honda_Boy

No I did that to correct a spelling error (I'm anal like that). I said it was onboard from the beginning. Besides, look at when I posted. I made the last post before the edit.

Edited by Honda_Boy
No I did that to correct a spelling error (I'm anal like that). I said it was onboard from the beginning. Besides, look at when I posted. I made the last post before the edit.

I know what I read when I did my post. Why would I have posted what I did? Certainly not because I am good looking.

Realtek has both. Why would you even have mentioned this?

I am not going to worry about this as it doesn't do the original poster any good. I guess next time, QUOTE is in order.