Review: Windows 7 Rtm -- A Closer Look

• 2 weeks later...
Have only heard good things about Windows 7; Faster, uses less resources, plenty of new and useable features, etc. Some nit-picks, but no deal-breakers. I won't know for myself until my pre-ordered copy arrives. :)

I'm running 7 at work. So far I really like it. The only thing I've noticed is that Windows 7 takes a lot longer to copy files. For example, when I was running Debian 5.0 Linux on my office computer and I wanted to copy files from my thumb drive onto my HD it would take less than a minute. Now with 7 it takes at least 4X as long.

All in all I have not encountered any deal breakers yet with 7.

Have only heard good things about Windows 7; Faster, uses less resources, plenty of new and useable features, etc. Some nit-picks, but no deal-breakers. I won't know for myself until my pre-ordered copy arrives. :)

I'm running 7 at work. So far I really like it. The only thing I've noticed is that Windows 7 takes a lot longer to copy files. For example, when I was running Debian 5.0 Linux on my office computer and I wanted to copy files from my thumb drive onto my HD it would take less than a minute. Now with 7 it takes at least 4X as long.

All in all I have not encountered any deal breakers yet with 7.

Wasn't that how Vista was at first? I remember my old Laptop when I first got it, it was early in Vista's life (pre-SP1) and it took it's sweet time to copy anything or Unzip anything. I used to use Winrar to unzip .zips on it cause of how long Vista's took but I think after SP1 or just some update, they changed how it handled copying and it became much quicker and even Vista's unzipping became faster (Winrar was no longer any faster).