Windows 7 Sound & Adoble Flash Player Problems

Hi people.. I installed windows 7 on my computer and i had windows xp before. i still have the hdd so i can go back to it whenever, but i installed windows 7 on a bigger hdd and the sound doesn't work and the mute button on my laptop is lit up. idk what to do. i bought this stupid driver detective program for 30 bucks. it didn't do much and couldn't tell me if the drivers were updated successfully and also i can't watch youtube videos because when i try to install adobe flash player it doesn't work because when it makes you select an operating system windows 7 isn't there. idk what to do! please help. you guys are pros, so i came to u.

thanks.

It was a driver for my sound that i couldn't find anymore, but someone posted a link for me to the conexant audio device driver that i needed and the adobe flash player i didn't tick the right internet browser. i downloaded adobe flash player for internet explorer instead of firefox, I use firefox. but the windows vista flash player works for xp. yea i wish it wasn't so darn difficult to find driver updates.