Free Open-source Web 2.0 Development Resources

Greetings!

Does anyone know of any resources to pick up Web 2.0 tools and code for developers such as open-source and free .PSD icons (so they can be customized in photoshop) or AJAX samples?

• 2 weeks later...

Web 2.0 just means Web as a platform..

from wiki (a web 2.0 ideal)

"Web 2.0" refers to the second generation of web development and web design. It is characterized as facilitating communication, information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design and collaboration on the World Wide Web. It has led to the development and evolution of web-based communities, hosted services, and web applications. Examples include social-networking sites, video-sharing sites, wikis, blogs, mashups and folksonomies.

The term is now closely associated with Tim O'Reilly because of the O'Reilly Media Web 2.0 conference in 2004. Although the term suggests a new version of the World Wide Web, it does not refer to an update to any technical specifications, but rather to cumulative changes in the ways software developers and end-users utilize the Web. According to Tim O'Reilly:

so you have Ruby on rails, wordpress, wikipedia, facebook,

which is it you wanted information on?

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. Yes indeed I am familiar with Web 2.0 and it's meaning; I was just looking for some free and/or open-source resources for other developers and me to use.