everything in this world was designed to run at peak proficiency at a certain temperature including the human body....so I am wondering, is there is an instance where the processor can be too cool to operate effeciently?

I remember reading a post some time ago asking the same question....Well, obviously if it gets to extreme temperatures (i'm talking under 200 Kelvin) the whole system wouldn't be able to run, so I believe eventually it'll be too cold to process info. However, until it gets near that, i think it is, "The colder, the better."

The colder, the better.

Apparently these guys were testing that theory...lol

I remember someone asked awhile back, if this could be done with one of those little dorm fridges. It was answered that condensation would be too big of an issue to be practical.

I'm betting this fridge is just acting as a case and not for cooling.

hot.fridge.front.complete_large.jpg

The colder, the better.

Apparently these guys were testing that theory...lol

I remember someone asked awhile back, if this could be done with one of those little dorm fridges. It was answered that condensation would be too big of an issue to be practical.

I'm betting this fridge is just acting as a case and not for cooling.

Yeah, i remember someone once asked if you could use freon (spelling?) gas to cool the computer components by routing the tubes from outside to inside, etc., which was basically how a fridge works. Cold inside, hot outside. I think it would work, but using a conventional fridge wouldn't be the greatest idea in the world....best if you do it yourself IF you can do it....