3:45pm · Yonder Mountain String Band

5:15pm · The Hard Lessons

6:00pm · Willie Nelson

7:30pm · Grace Potter

8:45pm · Flogging Molly

10:00pm · Ani DiFranco

11:45pm · Matisyahu

1:00am · Umphrey’s McGee

Currently listening to String Cheese Incident. Now I know why folks were so excited about 'em...they're pretty good. And all this taking place basically in my backyard. :thumbsup:

Liz

It is exciting, Sultan! Rothbury is a village in the middle of nowhere. One blinking light, one hardware store, one gas station, one bar, thatsabout it. Nice to have something putting this place on the map! 30,000+ Hippies expected to show.

Kids are working and can't justify paying the high ticket fees so nope, they aren't going. But there are a bunch of "Rothburians" staying at the Ramada and Kate and Manda are collecting Tshirts :thumbsup:

Liz

I used to love going to these music festivals (Newfane Vermont comes to mind) when I was in college.

But with rising admission costs and me and the OL just plain not being able to sit on hard ground for hours at a time comfortably it has been a while. We tried one a couple years back (forget the headliner, maybe Little Feat or Lynard Skynard revival or something like that) and we called it quits before the headline band made it to the stage.

I remember when I would go to a concert and think nothing of coming home at 5AM; but now stay anywhere more than a few hours and one of us wants to go home ; and 10PM is definitely late to get home.