Got an HP Pavillion 6635 and im not sure if it has an XPSP1 or XPSP2 on it. i believe i need a XPSP3 to get a Hi-Speed USB host controller to obtain maximum performance when using the port. How do i go about this,please help. thank you.

Got an HP Pavillion 6635 and im not sure if it has an XPSP1 or XPSP2 on it. i believe i need a XPSP3 to get a Hi-Speed USB host controller to obtain maximum performance when using the port. How do i go about this,please help. thank you.

Right click my computer and choose properties

This should tell you if you are SP1, SP2, or SP3

(will be listed in System section of general tab)

The service pack should not affect your high speed USB host; what determines it is first the hardware. If you do not have a USB 2.0 High speed host controller physically you cannot achieve USB 2.0 speeds. Second is the drivers. You need the appropriate drivers for your motherboard; you can get them from HP

Looks like they do not have any XP drivers just bios update

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...=reg_R1002_USEN

And just sound and graphics for others.

How old is this thing? Looking at that they have win95 drivers I doubt it has a USB 2.0 High speed USB physically , you need to purchase a USB 2.0 PCI card to add USB 2.0 capability .