Leoville Undergoing Urban Renewal

I hadn't been over to Leoville for weeks (edit... sorry I forgot to add that I did go over the night before to send JDM a birthday PM), but wanted to check my PMs there last night and was quite surprised at the recent closure of many sections of 'town'. News, Debators Corner, Hangout, and other less obvious sections were closed yesterday.... all supposedly because the neighborhood was going bad and needed to be redeveloped.

I know there are former Leovillagers on this board, so thought they might be interested in this as a news item.

Leoville

It is sad that things got so out of hand in certain sections. I was not to happy with a new (since end of Dec) poster with a very antagonistic attitude to anyone who didn't agree with his far left political stance, seemed to think everyone who didn't agree was inferior to him and needed to be fought into submission to his idealogic thinking. So with that type of attitude and lack of respect, destroying for me anyhow, the informative side of the news section, plus this long bout my hubby and I have had with the flu and complications, I just quit going over there for the time being until I felt up to coping with the war zone that the news had turned into. So it looks like Leo was fed up too, though on which side of the war I don't know, so he just closed a big part of the townsquare. The sections are still there temporarily if anyone wants to read them.

So that is all the news from there that I know for now. I haven't read enough to find out who is out, or what really happened especially this past week that brought it to a head.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Well, thats what happens after a while....That is why i left G4TechTV's Tech boards. After people began to really make fuss about the merger, I stayed in there, trying to keep some peace there. But, after a while, it gets quite annoying having every other post something about the merger. So, i finally left...I'm glad, though, that i found refuge here at Besttechie :).

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed???? Thanks for bringing this "out of the village", Cat. Needed to be done (and God bless you too!).

I've been reading LTS a couple of years but never joined because of the "snippy", paranoid and defensive replies I've read (including Leo, unfortunately) --afraid I'd get my head bitten off if I ever posted.

I'm not sure what happened either-- due to my kids hogging the idiotbox the past week, but there were some mighty heated posts on March 4--I see a couple have dissapeared today and a couple apologies made (but don't know what for).

Sad--when I started reading LTS, it seemed such a close knit family, the genuine camradre was what kept me reading and the hostility and infighting was what kept me away.

And yeah, its my first time posting--I discovered the "voices of reason" of Leoville and G4 seem to have migrated here, and hope you folks allow me to move in. Can"t give too many answers, I'm tech inept!! but I'll certainly be reading! Liz

unfortunitly you get that sort of flaming on any board.

tho on this one it isnt as blatant as others .

g4 has improved a lot since its inception.

for several weeks i avoided it.

but with a better lot of moderators it has weeded out the flamers .and trolls

sure there is room for improvement.

i have never been a member of leoville.

so i cant pass comment.

in your post here you critersize some one because they are left wing

so i feel you may have helped with the flaming .

im left wing.

what have you got to say about that.

i normally dont like discussing politics.

but your post demanded a response

marty

can't say that i'm surprised. it's been coming for a long time. we weren't as tight as you think. we were always spilt into two groups. yeah blaming begins on any board eventually. i'm personally saddened for those who still liked it there. i really did enjoy myself when i was there. you know i was a lurker there for over a year before i joined.

can't say that i'm surprised. it's been coming for a long time. we weren't as tight as you think. we were always spilt into two groups. yeah blaming begins on any board eventually. i'm personally saddened for those who still liked it there. i really did enjoy myself when i was there. you know i was a lurker there for over a year before i joined.

Over the last several months I posted less and less at that place. Now that the hangout has been removed I've said my goodbyes to Leoville.

Besttechie.net is my digital home :D:D

Besttechie.net is my digital home :D  :D

My sentiments also. I go to several forums, like everyone else, but BestTechie is home base.

Barb :D

ditto for me too. i've even moved my laboratory into the besttechie basment.

btw if anyone wants to use the pool table i moved it. just go past the nuclear reactor next to the iTunes Monster. :D

unfortunitly you get that sort of flaming on any board.

tho on this one it isnt as blatant as others .

g4 has improved  a lot since its inception.

for several weeks i avoided it.

but with a better lot of moderators it has weeded out the flamers .and trolls

sure there is room for improvement.

i have never been a member of leoville.

so i cant pass comment.

in your  post here you critersize some one because they are left wing

so i feel you may have helped with the flaming .

im left wing.

what have you got to say about that.

i normally dont like discussing politics.

but your post demanded a response

marty

Marty, I am sorry that you seem to have misunderstood my original post about the situation at Leoville.

I was not criticizing left views, or those who hold those views, but was only talking about One poster who came on board the end of Dec and basically took over first the news and then the debate section, and insisted we change our views to his and who fought everyone from liberal to conservative that didn't agree with everything he said. He started out angry, and kept up the antagonistic fighting warlike attitude through out the time he was on those boards. Alot of people over there are left/liberal, but we all managed to have good interesting discussions even prior to the elections, and with for the most part respect for each other. Many times we/they would end a thread on a respectful agree to disagree basis, which was good. The most heated, previous to the poster I mentioned, threads then were still 1000% better then what that new poster did to the news/debate boards and the people (of all political views) there. I personally feel that that one person was trying to ramrod his views down peoples throats no matter if it would eventually kill the boards. I read many of the threads last night, and people repeatedly warned him that he was responsible for the closure of the debate board, and not to do the same to the news board, (or whichever board was left after the other board was closed).

Again Marty, I was not criticizing the person for being "left wing" (your term), but for his intolerance to other views, and lack of respect for the board, or the other people on it. He didn't want anyone else to have freedom to voice their opinions, unless they were 100% in agreement with his. If the person had been far right or anywhere in between the two extremes, and doing the same intolerant, selfish, disrespectful, posts demanding others switch to his/her views then I would have still been upset with it. So which political side the poster was from was not what I was talking about. I hope this post clarifies that for you.

The reason I mentioned that problem poster on the first post was to explain why I had not kept up with what was going on over there, and the rest of the reason was because with being sick with the flu and complications for awhile. I was only able to barely keep up with updates and update notifications, and some posts to my main two boards...here and at G4. I certainly was not feeling good enough to go over there to what had turned into a warzone in my opinion. Also by mentioning that poster, I felt it was a possible explanation of why those boards were closed, due to all the fighting he instigated and others participated in. At least that is my opinion of why I think they were.

You assumed that I had a part in the "flaming", I tried to respond to one of the threads early on, and he tore me to smitherines. I answered as respectfully as I could, but holding my ground as to what I said versus what he twisted it into.Then on another thread of his a bit later, I thanked those who were trying to "fight the good fight", and stated my opinion of the poster. That post could be considered a flame yes. But in rereading it last night, I think I am still right in my opinion of what was going on. I had pretty much figured out by then that replying to any thread or post by him was totally a waste of time and energy, as they all seemed to be sucker bait to attract people to fight with him. Those were the only replies, as far as I remember to any thread/post of his to him or about him, that I did. I did post my own news threads till I quit going over there for the duration of flu.

I am attempting to give you my explanation for what I said in my first post, and what I thought/did over at Leoville in connection with what I said. I hope this post will satisfy you that I was not attacking "left wing" views or those who hold them.

I respect you, and your views. I will not fight with you on this or anything else, and I hope this problem between us is now over. I am sorry you have taken offense at this or anything else I have said in this thread or elsewhere. I certainly never intended for anything I say to cause you, or anyone else offense, and I apologize to you and the rest of this board for this thread being a problem for any reason.

God bless everyone.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed????  Thanks for bringing this "out of the village", Cat.  Needed to be done (and God bless you too!).

I've been reading LTS a couple of years but never joined because of the "snippy", paranoid and defensive replies I've read (including Leo, unfortunately) --afraid I'd get my head bitten off if I ever posted.

I'm not sure what happened either-- due to my kids hogging the idiotbox the past week, but there were some mighty heated posts on March 4--I see a couple have dissapeared today and a couple apologies made (but don't know what for).

Sad--when I started reading LTS, it seemed such a close knit family, the genuine camradre was what kept me reading and the hostility and infighting was what kept  me away.

And yeah, its my first time posting--I discovered the "voices of reason" of Leoville and G4 seem to have migrated here, and hope you folks allow me to move in.  Can"t give too many answers, I'm tech inept!!  but I'll certainly be reading!  Liz

Hello Liz,

Welcome to these boards. Sure glad to see new people show up here. And I hope you will feel free to post over here anytime you want.

By the way, please call me sidekick, or sidekickcat, but not Cat. I do not want anyone to mistake me, or my screen name, for the TTV show personality Cat. Thanks.

Also thanks for adding to the missing pieces of puzzle about Leoville problems.

I wish you and many others would sign up (and post) over there and on all the other boards. Then there would be more people to back up those who are picked on. Yes I was, and still am, scared of "getting my head chewed off" too. But have learned to come back and hold my ground, or ignore the one who did it, or to turn them in to the mods if necessary. If I deserved it because I blew it, I try to post back to apologize for my words/actions. But I love all the boards, and love the community connections, or as I like to say family... albeit dysfunctional at times... and do not want to lose that family connection feeling.

The boards are just like real life but unfortunately without the body language clues to what is/isn't understood as to original intent. So since I am outgoing in real life, I made up my mind to just be me on the boards too. I am sorry if some people don't like that, but I reserve the right to be a part of the boards too. So that thought is what kept/keeps me going when people get mad at me. And I have survived a few bad attacks on various boards from my first TTV board onward. Needed some encouragment with the first attacks, to get over the vicious attacks, but now I consider where that poster is coming from with the attack, or as my Mom used to say "consider the source". So I just do the best I can, rectify mistakes, apologize when needed, stand up for myself as needed, and go on learning from it all. One thing I have learned, that is so amazing to me, is that I do have friends on the boards. What a blessing that is, and it always seems to surprise me for some reason, probably due to my insecurity of not knowing that much about tech/computer stuff, and being a 60 yr old woman, with alot of fears/insecurities from the past.

Gee this belongs on that confession thread somewhere else on the boards. :rolleyes:

Didn't meant to get that personal, just wanted to reassure you that life goes on and you will survive even if you "get your head chewed off" once in awhile.

As you can probably tell, I am longwinded though I prefer to call it just being gabby. Ha! :rolleyes:

Again welcome to the boards Liz, and hope to see you posting here too.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat
just a little comment about thesidekickcats comments. i think that was very well said and very respectable of others. now if i could just bottle that and and synthisize a digital liquid. then spray the stuff with a fire hose over the g4 forums life would be better. :D

Thank you very much for your kind words, sir!

Now when you syntesize/bottle it, I want 49% (I am not greedy) of the profit. Ha! I am the only original me, and on that basis should have a portion of the profits from any synthesized me. :rolleyes:

But I don't want any share of the liabilities, as I get into enough trouble just being me, let alone the potential trouble from any syntesized me stuff. :rolleyes:

As for that mad scientist's lab in the basement, now I know why my little Siamese cat has been so nervous lately, and standing guard at the basement door, and the staring at the floor. Ha!!!

P.S. G4 isn't so bad IF you only go to the Tech Support board, unless you run into some troll. :unsure: And the mods do a great job on that board to keep it in good shape. It is alot better than it was when we first landed over there. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

P.S. G4 isn't so bad IF you only go to the Tech Support board, unless you run into some troll. :unsure: And the mods do a great job on that board to keep it in good shape. It is alot better than it was when we first landed over there. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

True, but before they merged TSS's board and Tech Support together, it was crazy. TSS was constantly getting critisized because of its new cast (i mostly spent time learning/helping in the TSS board under the name of ssaifee786), but now that they merged TSS and tech support, and made another board for TSS comments, it is doing much better...

Sidekickcat, thanks for your kind and wise words! Oh, and I forgot to post earlier, that I hope you survived the flu alright. I'd say that ol'ladies like us need to get the flu shot, but I never did! (at least this year I had an excuse, there was a severe shortage in MI---let the Senior Citizens have em!) Thanks again, Liz

Thanks Liz for the reply,

We are still fighting the side effects, just about the time we think we are out of the woods, we relapse with old or new problems...all stemming from this awful bug according to the Drs. So far I think the count is 3 urgent care visits, 2 doctor visits, and one 911 call for paramedics to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack. I wasn't Thank God! First time in many many years, that I have been sick (or injured) enough to think I might need an ambulance. Scared me, and probably my hubby too except I wasn't to aware of how he was reacting. Turned out to be a nasty episode of vertigo with being extremely dizzy, cold and clammy, nauseated (spelling?), and with pressure in trying to breathe. Now after a few days of feeling ok, it is larngitis (spelling?) and sore throat for both of us.

Ugh!!! I am sick of being sick of being sick even. Ha! :rolleyes:

I think I am on the road to recovery though, because as Mom used to say, I am well enough to be complaining. Though come to think of it, I have been complaining all along about it so should have been well along time ago on that basis? :rolleyes:

We were only a few years short of the age qualification for the shots, and then got sick just as they decided they had enough vaccine left over for the rest of us. So I think it is going on a couple of months now, and we are sure tired of it. I don't know if the rest of the country has been hit, as bad as this, but the Drs here say it is really a bad virus and many more people having lots more complications than usual. I think these bugs are getting nastier every year. So I am warning everyone, to be sure to get the shots next year if you can.

God bless everyone.

I guess i take this stuff for granted....my mom is a doctor, pediatrician (which is really good for me and my siblings), so she always has medicine on hand. Allergies, which used to give me bad headaches, aren't such plagues anymore because she could easily help me....And, this year, with the flu going around, my mom had extra flu shots. I didn't even take one (didn't need one), and my mom sold them to another doctor. Oh well, i guess i should follow my mom's advice, and become a doctor, so i can help others.

yes pete and chappy are moderators.and that helps.

i have respect for those 2 gentlemen.

and as they are very experienced.

it makes a difference to us as poster.

i saw pete block a post because his heading was help eleven time .

and he had 34 posts 25 was his bumps.

so the moderators do a very difficult job.

i must say they are very good here .

tho 99 percent of the posters are tolerent and helpfull.

there are a couple ide like to answer.

but i dont want this board to revert to flaming each other so i keep my .

intolerence to my self.i waited a long time for this board to open.

once i migrated from techtv.

i think i was one of the first dozen, here so i feel like a besttechie veteren.

yes i agree it is a good board.

and i hope we can keep it that way.

marty

Hi Sidekickcat,

Oh My Gosh!!! what a miserable time you've had with the flu!!!! Glad you're getting better. Drink lots of water, wash your hands often and stay away from germ factories, I lovingly mean kids, ok??? Oh, and as my Bohemian-Jewish Grandmother said, EAT CHICKEN SOUP!! Liz

And hello Martymas,

Have to agree, Chappy and especially Pete C have the patience of saints!! Sure wouldn't want their jobs, the 733T or whatever techy language is written on those boards drives me crazy! English is my first language and I'm still mastering it. Liz

Well the Leoville thing is getting stranger by the day.

It is like a ghost town over there right now because of the move to Leo's new Fusion boards. Everyone who wants to be on the new board, has to sign up again.

It is going to be a totally fresh start, and the old threads will not be moved over.

So if anyone has favorite threads/info or saved PMs, that they want to keep, then they should hurry over to get them copied/printed before they are gone for good. I don't know how long the old boards will stay around either. Supposedly the board move from UBB to Fusion boards was to be next month I think I read somewhere, but most everyone seems to have moved already, only a few are posting or reading threads. It is kind of eerie over there!!! Even wierder than when so many were fighting, at least then it didn't feel empty. Maybe the feeling is more like a graveyard, rather than a ghost town?

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to new boards.

New Leoville

Here is a link to the old boards.

Old Leoville

Liz,

Yes we are getting better day by day, thanks!!!

I just read in today's paper that the flu bug hitting our area so hard, wasn't even covered in this year's scarce, rationed vaccine (but will be next year). It is called California A, or A California, cant remember which right now. Sure is a nasty one.

God bless everyone.