Iphone Launch Experience

Yes, it's true. This morning I experienced my first iPhone launch. I woke up at 5:20AM to get ready and go to the Apple store at my local mall to pick up my new iPhone 3G S. You can read about my interesting experience in my blog post (link below):

http://www.besttechie.net/2009/06/19/i-exp...-iphone-launch/

B

Interesting experience, though, just so's ya know, I have ZERO interest in the i-Phone itself ... just sayin'. I do, however, appreciate these heads-up posts for blog entries I might have missed or that are of particular interest to the audience on the boards. :thumbsup:

Only things I've ever bought on launch days has been PC games and there are NOOOOO lines for them. Just wander on in to GameStop whenever and ask for it, walk out 2 or 3 minutes later.

I'm honestly amazed at just how much people give a crap about the iPhone and are willing to shell out for it.

That's very interesting reading. :thumbsup:

As for me, I might consider going to a launch if it started around noon, and they served lunch.

I don't do lines however, so I'll probably miss out. ...Oh well. I'll just have to live vicariously through the posts here at BT. :D

I hate waiting in lines; but that is probably because I am not a real people person.

When you are waiting in line with a bunch of strangers you are in a sense a community with at least one thing in common; an interest in whatever you are waiting in line for. So you have something to talk about.

Definitely hate it when they fail to organize things and make it clear where you belong so you wait in the wrong line for who knows how long only to find out you should have been somewhere else.

"Definitely hate it when they fail to organize things and make it clear where you belong so you wait in the wrong line for who knows how long only to find out you should have been somewhere else."

That sounds like the Connecticut Motor Vehicle Dept's business plan.

I don't know how many times I stood in line A for an hour because it was shorter than line B, only to find that the moron behind the counter failed to tell everyone that he/she was going to lunch. This was usually realized after standing in line for an hour and then finally getting to the head of the line.

Blim the level is just a free app, works on all iphones and ipod touch. Out of all the apps on my ipod that one seems to impress people the most.

irregularjoe, my local DMV had lines marked A B C 1 2. I always wondered if they lost the D E signs or can't count to 5.