We Have Added Two New Forums!

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since we have added any new forums here, but, that is now coming to a end. The two new forums are called "Web 2.0" under the category "The Web" and "Tech Rumors" under the category "Updates, Alerts, and Rumors".

I felt that with the web evolving so much the past few years and the whole Web 2.0 buzz term coming about it's about time we created a forum for it. I'm extremely interested in Web 2.0 and a number of the thousands and thousands of services out there. As the forum description says the Web 2.0 forum is a place to share and discuss the latest web 2.0 services, acquisitions, new feature roll outs, and other various topics relating to Web 2.0.

You can post articles, responses to articles on any site (e.g. TechCrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOM, Mashable, even BestTechie), share your own insights and thoughts, share/discuss new features, etc.

Some examples of Web 2.0 services include (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, YouTube, Digg, uStream, etc.

The new Tech Rumors is pretty self-explanatory. As the description says, it's a place to post all tech rumors ranging from new gadgets, price drops, to acquisitions and beyond. So for example, any new iPhone rumors, or new Mac's being released, or the possibility of Google buying Twitter, or Microsoft selling Windows 7 for cheap, etc. Feel free to post any leaked images as well but please make sure you link back to the original source if you didn't take the picture yourself.

And lastly, I have moved the Programming Support forum. I moved it to the "Tech Support" category (formerly Computer and Electronics Support). I hope this will increase the usage of the forum and also bring more awareness to it.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, feel free to post them as always. :)

I have another announcement I'll be posting sometime this week (perhaps later today).

B

A little follow up:

I got the CrunchBase widget implemented with a little custom BBCode! :)

See here: http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18625

All you need to do is use the following code:

[crunchbase]company name here[/crunchbase]

So for example, I did

[crunchbase]Twitter[/crunchbase]

to get that.

This is useful for any post on the forum where you talk about a particular tech company. The custom code will work in all the forums.

B