hello folks,

I recently transferred a friends OE address book and e-mails to another machine, after upgrading to ME, and everything appeared to be working ok when it left here, though I couldn't actually log in to his e-mail as I did not then know his password.

I could get on the web and surf without any problems however and the modem was connecting to the Freeserve server, so I was happy.

Since he has had it back, OE keeps crashing.

I have it back here now and yes, it keeps crashing to a Blue screen, but not immediately. I can get on the e-mail and send and receive mail. I can get on to Internet £xplorer and do a bit of surfing - but then the Blue screen comes back

There are a couple of error messages, and 0028 features in them both.

The first is simply that there is an error 0E: 0028:F086359

- I expect the latter address (?) might be different on each occasion, but 0028 is consistent.

The second BS message is 'An exception 0E has occurred at 0028: E937E800 in VXD ---, ....called from 0028: C0012E24 in VXD ---. that latter address also changes

My attempts to solve this so far have been that

1. I swapped the memory. That seemed to improve things at first but then the message came back.

2. I disabled all the static VXD's that looked to be to do with recently installed Norton's AV ( 2003)and I unticked the startups for NAV.

It would help me if I knew where to look for this problem VXD, but if the error message doesn't identify it,except by ---, how am I to find it?

other possible vxd's could be the Auriel Vortex (?) sound card it seems, but this has always been on that machine so I don't see that as the likely culprit.

Also Olympus Camedia sofware has been installed since I gave the machine back, but even though I take that off startup, the message still comes back

Any ideas please?

grateful, Gracie

thank you for answering tg - I think I have solved it ( only took me most of the day..). I have replaced the internal modem with an external and since doing that have had no more problems. I will boot it up again tomorrow and hope the same is true then ( don't know what to do if it isn't) and I am optimistic. Thank you for your help

:)