Well Peaches, *I* read the forum! Don't read each topic as most don't apply to my simple computing, but you have been a wealth of information. You and RV have the sad situation of folks reading your posts, going off to do the updates/fixes/reading the links and forgetting to respond with a thanks. Soooo, THANK YOU for ALL YOU DO! I sure do appreciate all your research! Keep up the great work!

Liz

Thanks for your kind words .. it is my pleasure to help whenever I can as I too learned from forums of this nature Liz and you will as well.

A bit about me - It is not too many years ago when I had a new computer so corrupted I wanted to throw it out on the freeway for cars to play with. Frustration was putting it mildly. I took it to a shop to clean out viruses, malware and heaven knows what else was lurking there - paid a handsome bill only to find nothing cleaned out so I took it upon myself to get educated even though at that time my computing was for simple needs. Shortly afterwards, I stumbled upon a security forum, similar to this one, of which I am still a member, quite by accident, joined and began to read, ask questions and slowly became self educated. I went on to another discussion forum where they had a small computer section where I was beginning to help other beginners - I was very excited about it. A few years later, I got a phone call from Microsoft Magazine for an interview to be included in one of their computing articles in their magazine ... I was and my family was so proud of me.

I am still in learning mode however, my experience with a corrupt computer made me determined I was going to help others as much as I could. I just semi-retired from a discussion forum as Site Co-Owner/administrator and currently on a respected security site as Site Administrator/supervisor. So then you must all think , oh she is very young, has university blah, blah but you know I am a grandmother of 3 lovely teen grandkids who think grams is just the coolest and proud of it. That keeps me going and the fact I keep others informed. I like what I do as it is my hobby & not knitting or crafts, etc as one might think ...

You have Jeff & his staff to thank for maintaining this forum as a place to learn, to teach and become informed. I am happy to be helping out with the nice group that I find here. Stay the course.

BTW .. I noticed that August 23rd is when the forum opened ... that just happens to be my birthday ...not the year just the month & date .. I guess I was destined to be here. LOL

I have been posting in there, and I have also increased the amount of posting I do - partially because of my malware training - the articles there are really interesting and Peaches, you have done a GREAT Job - Keep that up!!

Brian